Pancakes

Jugheads pov

Water. It's all I can hear, water splashing against more water. My eyes slowly open and I realize that I am outside. I look beside me and see Betty asleep her head laying on my balled up jacket. We must have fell asleep here last night. Last night. Betty Cooper actually told me she loved me. I smile creeps across my face and I feel like a dork. But seriously knowing that she loves me like I love her, I can't imagine there being a better feeling.

I lean over and kiss her on the cheek causing her to start to move around. Her eyes open and she looks about as confused as I feel like I did a few moments ago. "Hey sleepy head". She smiles up at me and sits up beside me.

"We fell asleep here". She starts to giggle making me smile even more, she really can't get any cuter.

"Yeah, we did. Do you want to go get some breakfast"?

"Oh my gosh yes I'm starving". She jumps up and runs to the car, I grab my jacket and run after her and get in the drivers seat. I turn on the radio to an oldies classic station and Betty starts dancing and singing along as I drive us to Pops. Her blonde hair bouncing around in her pony tail and smile spread across her face makes me smile. I wouldn't mind waking up next to Betty Cooper the rest of my life, except I'd rather us wake up indoors and not out by a river.

We pull up to Pops and Betty steps out of the car before me. she must really be hungry, I laugh to myself. I hop out of the car and meet her in front of it. I grab her small hand and walk into the diner, the cool air feeling nice. We walk over and sit in a booth close to the front, opposite of what we usually do which is sit in the back. She sits across from me and smiles.

"What is it"? I say smiling back.

"Nothing, I just.." her smiles gets even bigger. "I love you Jughead". There's that word again, I love hearing her say it.

"I love you too Betts". I grab her hand from across the table. "Any reason for this good mood"?

"Just happy to be here with you". Pop walks up and takes our orders. Betty gets pancakes and a side of fresh strawberries. I order eggs, toast, bacon and a cinnamon roll.

Betty looks over at me like she wants to laugh. "I'm always starving". I say joking but honestly it's kind of true, I love food. Especially burgers.

"I wish we could nights and morning like this one". She says her face looking somewhat sad.

"I know Betty, I do too".

"Yesterday, when I asked you to take me away, I was fighting with my mom". I figured that she was, I didn't know why else she would have asked to leave. "She wants to leave".

"Leave Riverdale"? I ask not sure how to respond. She shakes her head yes and wipes a tear falling from her eye with her free hand.

"I told her I wasn't going to, that I don't want to leave you". I don't know how to feel. On the one hand I'm happy she doesn't want to leave me because I really do love her. But I'm also worried because if that is what Alice thinks is best for her then maybe it is the right thing to do. I don't want Betty to get hurt again. I wish we could just leave together. But we are still sophomores in high school so that will just have to wait.

"Jug.." she says breaking my train of thought and I realize I never responded to her.

"Betty, I don't want to be the reason to stay. You deserve better than this town and I don't want to hold you back". I hold her hand a little tighter scared she will want to pull away. "Betty I love you and I want to be with you, but if you want to leave than you should go. We will find our way back to each other". I tell her and myself trying to believe it too. "If you go, I'll wait for you. There is no one I would rather be with than you". And that part I'm certain of, there is no one in this world quite like Elizabeth Betty Cooper.

"Jughead I'm not leaving if we can't leave together. I never want to spend a day where I can't be with you. Besides you just.." she gets quiet as pop bring us our food. He sets it down and tells us to enjoy and walks away. " you just joined the serpents, I'm not going to let you go through this alone". I let go of her hand and start to eat. "When we graduate high school we can go to college together and leave this place and never look back". I smile at her. "Deal"? She asks smiling back at me.

"Deal". She looks down at her plate of pancakes and strawberries and starts to eat too.

"I'm going to go back to school on Monday". She says proudly as she takes a bite of her pancake.

"Your mom is letting you come back"?

"No, but I think it's time I did. I've been gone for too long, besides I barely even hurt anymore". When she says that my eyes shoot up to her forehead were the cut is still extremely visible and it sends anger through me. "Jughead". She pulls me back in. "I'm okay". She must have noticed where I was looking.

"Betty I just want you to be safe, okay"? She takes another bite of her pancake as she shakes her head at me.

"I know you do Juggy because I want you to be safe too". She giggles a little at whatever she was thinking. "I think it's what people who love each other do".

We finish eating and I pay Pop. We get in the car and I bring Betty back home even though I don't want to. I want more time with it being just the two of us. We walk in her front door and Betty starts looking around for her mom.

Alice walks down the stairs and starts to tear up when she sees Betty.

"Betty! Your okay"! She wraps her arms around her and hold her in a hug

"Of course I am mom, why wouldn't I be"?

"Well the last time you didn't come all night you were kidnapped Betty". She's right, we didn't even think of Alice and I feel bad she probably felt awful all night.

"I'm sorry Alice, we should have called". I say trying to help the situation.

"It's okay, I'm just happy that you two okay. I think we should all talk". She leads us into the dining room and we all sit at the table. Me beside Betty and Alice across from us. Betty grabs my hand under the table and scoots her chair closer to me.

"Jughead I'm assuming that Betty told you what we talked about yesterday". I nod at her in agreement. "Betty, I'm not going to make you leave, I'm not going to make you do anything that you don't want to do". Betty sits up straight a look of shock on her face. "I think I've already done enough of that for a life time".

"Thank you mom". She grabs her moms hand from across the table and then pulls our hand universes the table. "I have a question though".

"What is it Betty"? Her mom says

"Can we do what you said at the hospital? Be a team, the three of us. And not leave anyone behind".

"Of course Betty, and Jughead I am sorry that I ever thought about leaving you behind when you just did all of this for my daughter". She starts to tear up and I grab her other hand from across the table.

"It's okay, I'm just glad you guys are staying. I don't know how I would have gotten through being a serpent without you guys".

As we sit there I realize something. Families talk through things, and they forgive each other. If Betty and her mom and I can get through this then so can my parents and Jellybean.

It's time I told my mom that I am now a southside serpent.

Thank you all for reading! How do you think Jugheads mom and Jellybean will react?

I'll update soon!

Also thank you all so so much for 2k reads, I'm so happy you guys like my story🖤

Like Romeo and Juliet | completed जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें