One big mess

Jughead pov

After staying the day at Betty's I decide it's finally time to go home and face my parents. I kiss Betty goodbye and head out to the car. Once I'm buckled and driving down the road I start to think about what to tell my mom and dad. I know that they are going to be mad at me for not coming home last night or calling all day. But nowhere near as mad as I think my mom is going to be when she finds out I'm a serpent. I feel bad about lying to my mom about all of this and I know she is going to be disapproving of it.

My dad has always told me to fight for what I love, and I do love Betty. I think that's why my dad was just upset with me and not mad.

I pull into my driveway and take a deep breath before stepping out the car. My mom and Jellybean come running out the front door so I assume they have been waiting for me to get home which makes me feel even worse.

"Juggie where have you been, I was scared you were hurt"! Jellybean says as she runs up and wraps her arms around my lower back.

"I'm okay, I was with Betty". I say trying to calm her down.

"You were with Betty all day and all night"? My mom asks walking up behind my sister.

"Yes mom". I hug her and then back up. "I need to talk to you about something mom". A look of worry and confusion spreads across her face.

"Okay well lets go inside and we can talk". We walk inside and go into the kitchen. My mom tells Jellybean to go to her room while we talk and the two of us sit around the table in the center of the room.

"First, mom I'm sorry about last night. Betty needed me and I didn't want to let her down".

She nods her head understandingly. "It's alright Jughead I just wish you would have called and told us you weren't coming home".

"I know and I'm sorry. But there is something that I need to tell you and I'm not sure how your going to react".

"You didn't get that girl pregnant did you"? She says looking shocked.

"What no mom I didn't. That's not even close-"

"Oh thank god. Alright alright what is it Jughead". Her face becoming a little more stern.

"Mom, I'm a serpent". She looks at me for a second and then starts to laugh.

"Nice one Jughead, really what is it"? I look at her not knowing what to say and the smile from her face fades away. "Your not serious, are you"?

"Serious about what"? I hear my dads voice behind me and turn around to see him standing in the doorway.

"Our son just told me that he is apart of the southside gang, Fp." My mom says and I can tell she is upset.

"I thought I told you not to tell her boy". My dad says walking closer to me.

"You knew". My mom yells, standing up and walking over to my dad.

"I just found out a week ago, I was going to tell you I just didn't know how".

"Guys, please stop. I'm sorry but there really isn't anything I can do about it". I say trying to get them to stop fighting. But not just for my sake but for jellybeans. She hates it when they fight, which has been happening a lot more lately.

"Jughead go to your room". My mom yells at me. I stand there for a second longer and then do as I was told. What the hell did I do. I should have known we wouldn't have been able to work through our problems, we've never been able to. I lay on my bed and I can here mom and dad yelling at each other. I messed up. I never should have told mom. I hear a knock at my door and jump up to answer it. It's Jellybean and she has tears running down her face. I pull her into my room and shut the door.

"What wrong Jellybea-" I start to ask her but she cuts me off.

"I heard what you told mom. How could you do this Juggie?" She tells me as she wipes her cheeks with the back of her hands.

"J, I did what I had to do to protect Betty. I'm sorry I didn't mean for this affect you". I try to hug her but she pulls away from me.

"Mom and dad are yelling and fighting because of you". She takes a step closer to the door, a step farther away from me. How do I fix this?

The door swings open and my mom comes in and I can tell she is angry.
"Come on Jellybean lets go". Go where?

"What? What's going on mom"? I ask trying to grab her arm but she yanks away from me.

"I don't know who you are anymore jughead. Me and Jellybean are leaving".

"Where are you going"? What the hell is happening.

"I don't know yet, but I can't stay here with you and your father if you guys are going to be lying and hiding things from me". I look down at Jellybean who is know hugging me crying into my shirt.

"Mom I don't wanna go". But my mom grabs her and picks her up and takes her away. As they walk out my room Jughead lifts her head and looks at me.

"I'm sorry Juggy". My heart breaks, she has nothing to be sorry for. I know she is apologizing for what she said but she is just a kid and this is just one big mess. I follow them out of my room and out the front door. I try to grab my mom and talk to her but she just keeps pushing me away. She puts Jelly in the back seat and then gets in the drivers seat. I knock on the window to try to talk to her but she doesn't roll it down, she just backs up and leaves. I feel the tears start to roll down my face and my dad walks up behind me and turns me around.

"It's going to be okay Jughead. They will come back, just give your mom a couple of days to cool off okay"? I shake my head because I can't get any words out. I wrap my arms around my dad and hug him and I start to cry. I feel my dad hold me a little tighter and put one hand on the back of my head, keeping the other around my back.

"I'm sorry dad, I didn't mean for any of this to happen".

"It's okay Jughead, I know you didn't". He rubs circles on my back, something my dad always does when he tries to comfort someone. "I promise son, they will come back and it will be okay".

We stand there for a few more minutes and then we go inside. My dad goes to his room and I go to mine. I lay on my bed and throw my beanie to the floor.

How had this day started so good and ended so terrible. I wish I could just rewind time back to this morning and stay with Betty all day. With her everything is so simply. We don't fight or argue, there is no screaming or yelling or leaving. When I'm with her I feel at peace, at home even. She makes me feel calm but happy at the same time. I wish she was here with me right now.

I pick up my phone and start to call her but hang up not wanting to upset her if she could tell I'm sad. She's been through enough already she doesn't need to know about this, not yet at least. I throw my phone to bottom of my bed and roll over and close my eyes, allowing myself to fall asleep and escape reality for now.

I'm sorry for the sad chapter, but I hope you guys liked it. I have so many ideas of where to take this book but don't know which way to go so it might take me longer to update this time🖤

Thank you guys so so much for reading my story!