Window

Jughead pov

"What do you mean she left"? Archie asks as he sits beside me on his bed. Archie has been my best friend my whole life and I knew I could talk to him about this. So I came over this morning when I woke up and mr Andrews let me in since Archie was still asleep.

"Yesterday I told her about me being a.. serpent, and she got mad at me and my dad. She took Jellybean and they left". I lay back on his bed and let out a loud breath. "I don't know where they went or when they are going to come back".

"Why did she take Jellybean"? He says laying down beside me. The thought had crossed my mind but I really couldn't come up with anything.

"I have no idea. I just wish that they would come back. What if they never do"? Archie stays quiet and after a few seconds i realize why. His mom left and now she only come to visit very rarely. "I'm sorry Arch".

"It's okay Juggie, I'm fine really. And I think that they will come back, just give them time". I sit up and look out his window and I realize that his window is facing Bettys bedroom window. I walk over and I can see Betty still in pajamas dancing around her room, running her brush through her hair. I smile creeps over my face, the first smile since yesterday.

I hear Archie sit up behind me and I turn around to face him. "Did you know you could see right into Bettys room"? I ask him pointing to the window. He walks over beside me and looks. He starts laughing when he notices what she's doing and I punch him in the arm.

"Ow, and no I didn't. I'm barely over here anymore. I'm always at practice for football or guitar or with Ronnie".

"Speaking of Veronica, how are you guys"? He turns around away from the window and walks back to him bed and plops down.

"To be honest, not that good. She has been distant lately and I don't know. I think she is going to break up with me".

"Wait really? You guys have been going out for like... ever". They really have been going out forever, since like the 6th grade they have been inseparable.

"I know, but I don't know. If she does maybe it's for the best". He gets up walks to his bedroom door. "Come on wanna go get a burger at pops"?

"It's like you read my mind Arch". I stand up and take one last look out the window at the girl next door. My girl. And then meet Archie at the door.

Once we get to Pops we sit in a booth close to the front and order our usual meals we get together. We both get two burgers, fries, and chocolate shakes, the same thing we have always gotten since we were little and came here with our families after t-ball practice. Which Archie stuck with but I did not. Sports were never really my things.

Pop bring us our meals and at first we eat in silence until Archie speaks up first. "So are you going to tell Betty about your mom and Little J". Archie has always called Jellybean 'little j', he says it's because she's my little sister and both of our names start with J's.

"No, at least not right now. Maybe after they get back". Which will hopefully be soon because I am going to hate lying to Betty. But I think that it is what's best for her. "I don't want her to feel like it's her fault that they left".

Archie goes back to eating his fries and then someone walks through the doors and his eyes are glued to them. I turn around and see that it's Veronica.

"Ronnie"? He says and she turns her head in our direction. She meets his eyes and walks over to our table.

"Hey archiekins, Juggie". She stands there awkwardly and I can see what Archie was talking about when he said that she was being distant.

"What are you doing here? I thought you weren't supposed to come back from your trip till tomorrow"? He asks her dropping the fries he had in his hands and wiping his hands on his jeans.

"Oh um.." she starts to shuffle on her feet. "We came back earlier than I thought we were going to".

"Well do you want to joins us"? I ask her trying to break the tension.

"No I'm good, wouldn't want to expose on your bro date". She looks from me to Archie. "See you at school tomorrow"?

"Yeah sure". She walks back to the front or the diner orders a milkshakes and leaves. "You see what I mean"?

"Yeah something definitely seemed weird between you two".

Back at Archies we sit up in his bedroom and play video games. I've decided to just stay the night over here because going home doesn't seem the same without mom and Jellybean being there.

I get bored of the games and walk over and sit by the window that I watch Betty from earlier today. The light in her room is off so she is either already asleep or isn't in her room right now. I miss her. I haven't gotten to talk to her since the other day when I was at her house. I know I will see her tomorrow at school but it just seems so long to wait.

As I'm about to move from the window and go back to playing video games with Archie I see the light in her bedroom flick on and in strolls Betty. She looks so beautiful, even when she's tired. She walks across her room and takes her hair down. She walks out of sight and then reemerges about a minute later now wearing pajamas. She walks to her makeup table and starts to wipe of her makeup. She is so beautiful. She walks across her room and turns the light off. I see her silhouette walk across her room and climb into bed.

I wish I was with her right now, I wish I could just tell her about me mom and just cry and get it all out. But I can't and I know that. I walk away from the window and climb into Archie's bed. Just wanting to sleep since I can't be with her.

"Are you stalking your own girlfriend man"? Archie says laughing without looking up from the game.

I laugh back at him. "No just admiring from afar". This makes him laugh even harder and I roll over and fall asleep.

I thought it would take me longer to figure out what to do with the book but I already decided :)

This is pretty much just a short filler chapter, I hope you guys enjoyed!

I'll update soon! 🖤