Dont miss it

After Jughead walked me home I ran up to my room and started to think about tonight. What Penny would say, how long she would make me have to do this.

I lay on my bed and started to cry. A few minutes later I let myself fall asleep.

I wake up a hours later to my mom walking into my room. She walks over and sits on my bed.

"Hey sweetie". I open my eyes and I can tell she has been crying too.

"Hey mom, what's wrong"? I say as I sit up next to her.

"It's time for you to go see Penny". I look over at my phone and see the time.

"Oh". I stand up and pull my shoes on and take my hair down. My mom stands up and walks over to me. She wraps her arms around me and I lean my head on her shoulder hugging her back. "It's going to be okay mom". I can feel her hands shaking on my back.

"I'll be okay mom". I let go of her and we walk downstairs.

I go outside and then I remember what Jughead has said. To call him so he could bring me tonight. I pull out my phone with my shaking hand and dial Jugheads  number. It rings twice and then I hear his voice.

"Hey Betts, what's up"?

"It's uh... time Jughead".

"Okay, I'll be there soon".

I sit down on my front porch and look up at the sky. How did I get myself into this mess?

A few minutes later I see bright headlights pull into my driveway and Jughead steps out of the car.

Seeing this made me laugh a little. "I didn't realize you were driving me, I thought we were walking".

"My dad let me borrow the car". I walk over and he opens the door for me. I get in the passenger seat and buckle up.

Once Jughead gets into the car he stops and looks over at me.

"Betty"?

"Yeah Jug"?

He stays quiet for a second and then he reaches over and puts his hand on my face. I look into his eyes and I see how worried he is about me. I close my eyes and press my lips against his. I feel his shoulders unstiffen.

A few moments later I pull away. "Thank you Jughead. For being here for me through this".

Just then the back door on the passenger side opens. We turn around to see Archie sitting down in the back.

"What the hell dude". Jughead says laughing.

"I'm coming too". Jughead looks over at me and then back to Archie. "Your my friend Betty, I want to be there for you".

"Thanks Arch". Jug starts driving and I lean my head against the window.

Once we get to the southside I tell Jughead to pull over.

"You guys don't need to come any further. I can walk from here". I open the door and step out of the car. Jughead also steps out of the car and I walk over to him.

"I'll see you tomorrow okay"? He wraps his arms around me and whispers in my ear. "Please be safe". I squeeze him a little tighter and then I let go. "I will".

I watch him get back in his car and they turn around and go back home. And I start walking to the Whyte Wyrm.

I walk through the doors or the bar and look around. I don't see Penny anywhere. I walk over to the pool table where I see Toni and Sweetpea.

"Hey guys do you know where Penny is"? They spin around and look at me.

"Betty"! They yell in excitement and hug me. "We miss you"! Toni says.

"I miss you guys too". I give them a small smile. "But have you guys seen her".

"She's in her office.. waiting for you". Sweetpea says as he sits down on the pool table. "I'm sorry Betty".

"It's okay, I'll be fine". I walk over to the back of the bar there is a hall way with four doors. Two bathrooms, a closet and Penny's lair. I knock on the door and wait for her to say something.

"Come in". I turn the door knob and walk in.

She sits up in her chair. "Betty Cooper". I walk over to her desk. "Please. Have a seat". She says with a wicked smile on her face. I sit down across from her and try to stop me hands from shaking.

"So Elizabeth. It seems you have been having a hard time remembering who you are lately". I look up into her cold eyes.

"It's not me who is confused". I tell her bravely.

"And what do you mean by that"? She says inching closer. I take a deep breathe.

"Nothing Penny. So what is it going to be, a week, 2 weeks"? Her eyes narrow on me and I lean back in my chair. A smile creeps over her face and then she starts to laugh.

"You know I was thinking more of like a month". My eyes grow wide.

"What"? I blurt our as I stand up.

"You heard me Cooper. Your first delivery will be in two night". She stands up across the table from me. "Don't miss it".