Chapter One Hundred and Twenty-Two

Emilia

The Next Day

I woke up wrapped in the arms of my future husband. In a playful mood, I rolled on top and kissed his face all over until he woke up. He tried shooing me away, wanting to sleep longer but I was persistent. I ordered room service. We had breakfast in bed while watching the morning news. This so felt like something we would do as parents.

Of course all-star weekend was a topic of discussion. The city was very excited for things to kick off tonight. It was the first time Toronto would be hosting. Aubrey was excited. His phone started ringing and chiming as soon as we started eating.

The first of the day's activities included visiting his mom and uncle Steve at her house for a few hours. Afterwards, we stopped by the opening of a new Jordan Brand store opening in the downtown core of Toronto, which included a space in the basement level for customized shirts, sweaters and shoes. The fans were over the moon happy to see him and he was enjoying every minute of it, interacting by signing autographs and taking pictures when he could.

Lunch was on him at Milagro's on Mercer Street in the downtown area. I had described to him what I had a taste for and here's where we ended up. Mexican food. I was instantly excited. My heightened senses could smell the savory aroma as soon as we stepped out of the car.

The cucumber, pineapple, mango, aguacate, and serrano vinaigrette salad was spectacular. A great kick to both wake up and clean your pallet. I devoured what was called the Capital taco, which consisted of
pan seared ribeye, cilantro, salsa verde fresca. Talk about delicious. I placed another order to go to have for later. Aubrey had tacos as well, but built with roasted chicken, lettuce, pico de gallo and crema. It wouldn't be right if I didn't dip into his plate too to get a taste.

Once we were back at the hotel, it only took me a few minutes of sitting on the bed to go down for a nap. When I woke up, there was a text from Aubrey saying he stepped out for a minute to Oliver's room on the next floor down. I used that time while he was away to call and check on his Valentine's Day gift. Everything was going according to plans and would be ready for pick up on Sunday morning. I was excited because I knew it was something he had been wanting for awhile. He was going to love it. I couldn't wait to see his face. I'm not sure what he had planned for me. Honestly, I wasn't expecting much with it being a busy weekend for him but being that it was our first Valentine's Day together I knew that he'd make sure I felt the love.

Time eventually rolled around to head out to the arena for the celebrity game. This was the night that a majority of the spotlight would be on him as the head coach of Team Canada. He was so cheesed in his terms; smiling and laughing the entire time we got ready. Oliver brought up his outfit for the evening. A sharp-shouldered peak lapel Tom Ford blazer and charcoal trouser combo that fit his body perfectly. The crisp white shirt and subtle, matte charcoal silk tie were elegant choices, but hardly boring in addition to the burnished brown shoes. Tailored to perfection. He looked so sexy, professional and dapper all wrapped in one. Scrumptious.

I wanted to compliment my fiancé and look just as nice. I'm thankful that his friend, Alexander Wang, took the time out of his busy schedule to not only make custom outfits for me but bring them out to California as well. I made sure to keep my want to be both comfortable and warm in mind along with concealing my baby bump.

I layered an olive colored knitted sweater with a white button down underneath paired with black leather skinny jeans, studded high heel ankle brown boots and a cheetah printed infinity scarf. I kept my make up natural and glowing, but opted for a a deep purple lip titled Heroine by MAC. My hairstyle remained fun and flirty in its curly state; half up in a high pony and the other half down.

"I like this," Aubrey stepped into the bathroom as I was finishing up, "you look sexy."

"Thank you," I smiled at him.