Chapter Eleven

Aubrey

Robyn: so I come all the way out to L.A for you to ditch me at the last sec?

Robyn: what abt out plans? Making up?

Aubrey: something important came up love. I'm sorry

Robyn: am I still coming over?

Aubrey: tomorrow? I really have to handle this business.

Robyn: k

That's all I could give her at the moment. We didn't come to the club together, so it wasn't a big deal that I dipped out on her. I knew she was upset. After all, she did come here specifically for me but Mila took precedence over that. All the while I've been on tour, I've been itching to spend time with her. Not particularly under these circumstances, but I didn't want her around him if I could help it. Seeing the way he talked to her and handled her didn't sit well with me at all. I had to step in. I felt the need to protect her.

We didn't stay in the club much longer after I confronted Jhaleel. I talked to Owen and let him know what was up. He was cool with her coming with me. Spoons and Chubbs escorted us through the back entrance. I held her hand and kept her close, unsure of whether that nigga was still around or not.

We headed back to Calabasas. The rest of the guys would trickle in once they were done with the party scene. She remembered where the guest room was and headed on upstairs. I let her do her thing and allowed her some space. Hearing the shower running when I passed by, I went to my room and grabbed some clothes for her, placing them neatly on her bed.

An hour went by as I decided to shower and changed clothes too. Not having seen or heard from her for a minute, I walked down the hall to make sure she was okay. The door was slightly cracked, so I peaked my head through just enough to not be visible to her. She was looking at herself in the mirror on the dresser. I found it funny that my shorts and t-shirt were so big on her, but she still made it look sexy.

She climbed up on the bed and sat with her legs crossed. Her phone in hand that she looked at with such disappointment. She dropped her head in her hands as soft sobs caught my ear.

I decided to make my presence known.

"Hey. What's the matter?"

She quickly wiped her face,"Nothing. I just thought I'd hear from Jay by now. He must still be upset."

Hearing his name made my mind go back to those marks on her body that were no longer visible. She should give two fucks if his ass was upset or not. I don't understand why any man would put their hands on her. She was a sweet, caring, beautiful soul. I just don't get it. I had to get this off my chest. She needed to hear it from me.

"Mila, what he does to you...that's not okay."

"What are you talking about?"

"Come Mila. I know that he puts his hands on you. I saw the bruises on your wrist and on your cheek and I saw how he was handling you tonight-"

"You don't know what you're talking about."

"I'm not stupid. I can see it."

"Did Owen put you up to this?"

"No he didn't. This is coming from me. You don't need that type of bullshit in your life. You're too good for that."

"You're out of line. My relationship isn't any of your business."

"I'm gonna tell you like I told his ass. I made it my business. The moment I started caring about you the way I do."

"Okay. I've heard enough. I'm fine. Perfectly fine. I can handle myself. I knew I shouldn't have came here."