Chapter Eighty-Two

Aubrey

Austin was our destination the next morning. With all the drama that the media was formulating, it was important to keep my mind focused on the task at hand. Tonight would be my last headlining performance of the year. Granted, there would be surprise appearance for one of Future's shows in a few weeks. Our mixtape was doing great. It made sense to give the people what they want.

Taking this break from performing would allow to focus on my album first and foremost, along with everything else I had my hands in. There was nothing more that I loved than to make waves for my city all while being nothing other than myself.

I sat across from Mila, who had been diligently working on her laptop since takeoff. She looked so cute right now sitting Indian style in a pair of sweats, sneaks and my Supreme hoodie that was much oversized. Her hair sat atop her head in a messy bun. This was my favorite look on her. The glamour and make-up shit was cool, but the fact that she was so stunning without enhancement blew my mind every time I looked her way.

I snapped a picture of her and posted to my Instagram account, just because I felt like bragging.

champagnepapi: in the presence of greatness...#quadruplethreat 🍴📚📝🎤😍😍😍😍😍 @a_milli

It didn't take long for her phone to notify. She did a quick glance at it, then looked up at me with a smile as she shook her head.

"Creep," she grinned, clicking a pen in her right hand.

"I'll be that for you," I winked, "so uh, you gonna stay over there the whole time or are you gonna give me some bae time before we land?"

"Give me a sec, babe. This is important," her attention went back to the computer screen.

"What is it?" my a quick seat change to sit next to her.

"I'm plugging in all these meetings and recording sessions for next week into my calendar so I can stay organized," she said, "I have a meeting at HarperCollins on Tuesday. Since I'll already be in New York, the producers 40 had hooked me up with want to go ahead and record for two days. I have JR Rotem on Tuesday night, Bink! on Wednesday and "Thursday night. Then I'm gonna get up Friday morning and visit some test kitchens to try out some recipes for Owen's menu."

"Damn, so you gonna be gone all week?"

"Yeah, you're gonna be in Toronto right?"

"Yep, grindin in the studio with 40," I said, "but what about Vegas for my birthday? We're flying up Friday night."

"I'll be there. I'll only be doing the kitchens for a couple hours or so. I'll be back in Cali in time to fly with you guys. You know I wouldn't miss it."

"Good, cause the party starts on the plane," I leaned over and kissed her temple, "what'd you get me?"

"It's a secret," she put her index finger against my lips, "but I promise you that my gifts will be your favorite."

"Gifts as in plural for more than one?"

"Yes silly," she laughed.

"I'm really excited now," my hands rubbed together, "but it's gonna be a good time. Ring it in Friday, dinner Saturday and partying all night. A much needed break after this week I'm about to have in studio hibernation."

"Yesss the world is in need of that new Drake shit. The mixtape is only gonna hold 'em for so long."

"I know, I know. I'm tryna be patient with it though. I only want to put out classics, masterpieces if you will," I said, "oh and make sure you have the twins in your plans for next week. I want both of them with you while you're in New York."