Chapter Sixty-Eight

Max

When I was texting Em early yesterday afternoon while bored in class, the last thing I was expecting was an invite to Texas with her and Drake. I was too stoked. After begging my mom and dad for almost an hour, they finally agreed to let me go.

We got there a little before nine that night. After Drake took us to dinner with his friends, Em and I went to a local gas station, bought a whole bunch of junk food and watched movies in my room all night. She picked nothing but comedy's so we laughed until we fell asleep. It was so much fun. We haven't done that since I used to come over when she was still with Jay.

I needed this mental break. This was perfect. Between prepping for my senior season, choosing a college, and dealing with our family issues it was a lot to deal with at one time. Seeing how strong my sisters were only encouraged me to be that much stronger for them. If they didn't let this break them then I wouldn't allow it to break me. Our parents were taking everything pretty hard. Mom cried all night, dad couldn't sleep. I have to step up and be the man that keeps our family together.

The next morning I woke up to almost 100 Instagram notifications. I didn't remember posting a picture last night. It was probably Em. I was photobombing her selfies all day yesterday.

@a_milli : 📺 and 🍭🍦🍩 with my ❤️

She had posted a picture of us making funny faces, holding all of our chips, candy and a dozen Dunkin Doughnuts.

Who is that?! 😳😍

He's so fucking fine😩😩😩

What happened to dating Drake? 😕

She eats this junk but has a superb body. No fair!

Damn you beautiful @a_milli

I freakin love her!

That's her brother @maxmikhail2 idiots 🙄

How old is he? 😏

They have some good ass genes in that family. Sister finer than a muh fucka too.

Zamn zaddy @maxmikhail2 😋
Fuuuuuck me @maxmikhail2

Damn Papi @maxmikhail2

The comments kept going on and on. It had almost 80,000 likes. Ha, these girls were choosing up on your boy. I mean, I think I'm a pretty smooth, good looking fella but chicks aren't a priority right now. It's fun to flirt but other than that I see them as a distraction from what I'm trying to do with basketball and school.

Brianna: Good morning! 😘
Aleena: Morning Max 😘
Raven: Wake up handsome 😘
Madison: Hey sexy!😘

I shook my head at how all their text messages were similar. They were consistent with it too. The girls from school have always been a little extra. I never really paid them much attention because they were kind of loose, if you will. Before I was popular in their eyes, they would be hanging around other athletes and rumored to have slept with them. I wasn't interested in having girls around me with my rep. My sisters weren't that type and wouldn't go for it.

Rajamel: tell my baby I said good morning 😉😘

Max: Nigga she don't want you lol

"What are you laughing at?" Em yawned as she rolled over.

I showed her the text Raj sent. She laughed and shook her head, "Tell him I said good morning."

I snapped a picture of her messy hair and all when she was busy looking at her phone.