Chapter Forty-Eight

Emilia

One Week Later

The rest of the week seemed to zoom by. My blissful days with Aubrey ended with me traveling to New York. There was only one meeting on my schedule with HarperCollins until Aubrey called me when I landed with one more addition. He had made contact with Alexander Wang and set up a meeting to follow shortly after.

My first line of business was the book. The meeting consisted of discussions about the cover, arranging photo shoots and a release date. They were very receptive to all of my ideas and were happy to hear that I was turning in my submission early. That made them want to push the date up to an early November release. I was apprehensive about moving so suddenly, but they made a valid point about striking while the iron was hot. The blog was popping with daily heavy traffic. My three week old YouTube channel had already had 200,000 subscribers. Twitter followers at 798,000 and Instagram followers at 1,000,000. That was crazy. Who would've have thought that one million people would be interested in my life? Not me.

After I wrapped up at HarperCollins, I walked a couple blocks down Broadway to Alexander Wang, Inc. Was I even worthy of this? Aubrey had so many friends in high places that he made it seem easy. This guy is one of the top designers in the industry. He talked about him as if they were homeboys.

Even though I felt totally out of place waiting in the lobby, Mr. Wang greeted me with a smile that was more than welcoming. He was very polite, asking if I wanted something to drink as he led me down the hallway. My nervousness made me decline. He took the lead of the conversation, asking me about myself and my style; complimenting my jeans, OVO Jordan's, white top and gold/yellow cardigan.

The shoes brought up Aubrey; saying that he had a pair of his own and spoke of their friendship. They met up at Fashion Week. He was a fan of his music. Aubrey was a fan of his clothing line. Wala.

The next question got directly to why I was here. He asked me what I was thinking for my red carpet outfit. There wasn't much thought behind it on my end. I just wanted a sleek and sexy look, but yet comfortable. Seeking to stand out in all the right ways. He agreed, saying that a simple design would compliment my striking facial features.

He disappeared back into a room and reappeared with a black dress. That color wasn't my first idea, but when I tried it on I fell in love. It flowed down to floor length, hugging every curve of my body like a glove along the way. The scoop neck teased cleavage, while the open back cut spread out past my shoulder blades and sat just above my butt. It wasn't too revealing but show just enough to be sexy and sultry. It wasn't too elegant for event but not too casual either.

We both agreed that this was it. He added some gold bangles, earrings and a necklace. I felt so good in it that I didn't want to take it off. However, we had one more outfit to put together that was also very important. The performance.

He opened the floor for ideas. I had already had something in mind since I found out I was performing.

"Given the person I'm performing alongside...I want it to be sexy and memorable. Something that compliments my figure and that's easy to move around it. Make the girls wanna go by it, the men visioning me out of it and the haters wishing they were in it. It's my introduction to the world. First impressions are everything."

Aubrey

There wasn't much for me going on throughout the week. I had off time from performing to work on the album. I spent most of my nights doing so, getting up to work out in the mornings with Johnny, catching up on sleep and kickin it with my boys during the day.

When I wasn't doing these things, or planning my set list for my upcoming shows I was with my girl. When she returned from New York she was all mine. I tried to get information out of her about her meeting with my friend, Alexander Wang but she wouldn't give me any details. She wanted to surprise me. I could dig that. I like a little mystery.