Chapter Eighty-Seven

Aubrey

"It's so pretty here," she smiled up at me.

The sun beamed against her softly tanned skin, making it glow beautifully as the wind blew her long locks that were damp and curly after a dip in the water.

We held hands while walking along the beach, where the white sand met with the crystal blue waters.

"I'm glad you like it," I brought her hand to my lips. Her left hand. It adorned a stunning diamond ring that sparkled endlessly.

"Like it? I love it!" she let go of my hand and spun around ahead of me, "Fiji is gorgeous!"

I laughed, watching as she continued to smile and dance around.

She grabbed my hand and pulled me along with her into the water until we were knee deep.

"It's so warm and I can see everything cause the water is so clear," she pointed to our feet, that were clearly visible as the waves rocked against us.

Her arms wrapped around my neck, "I can't wait to go snorkeling tomorrow. I wanna stay forever."

"We can't do that," my hands found her waist to run across her growing belly that created a good bit of space between us. "our baby has to be born in the 6."

"That is so important to you," she giggled, shaking her head.

I squatted down to kiss her belly. My kid was growing in there. I couldn't wait to meet him or her.

"If he's gonna be the Prince of the 6 he's gotta be born there baby. It only right."

"And what makes you think that it'll be a prince? Princess of the 6 is what I'm thinking."

"I just want baby and mommy happy and healthy. Everything else is secondary," I stood back up and kissed her forehead.

"And we will," she held her hands up, inviting mine to intertwine, "but right now, me and the baby are hungry as hell."

Her stomach growled on cue. I chuckled when she pouted ever so cutely.

"Come on, lunch should be ready by the time we walk back."

I led the way, texting Chubbs to let him know we were on our way back to the villa.

As we walked, I could feel her playing with my ring while holding my left hand.

"I can't believe we're married and having a baby soon," she ran her free hand over her stomach, "it's all we've ever wanted."

My phone rang, waking me up from what I thought was my reality. I reached over for her, quickly being reminded that she was still in New York. I had flown to Toronto early this morning. 40 and I had work to do.

I looked at my phone and saw there was a text from her. She was heading to her first meeting of the day with LA Reid. I wished her luck. I then sent Courtne a little reminder to make sure she stayed on top of everything.

Then I had this super funny feeling come over me. Like something was off. I couldn't exactly put my finger on it. In attempt to ignore it, I rolled back over and closed my eyes; hoping that I could go back to where my dream had left off.

I had it all. Em as my wife and a child on the way. We were in Fiji. A destination planned for us in the future. Early next year.

Was this dream predictive? Did I just see my future? I could only hope. I wanted all those things with her. We both had on our rings, meaning we were married beforehand. That million dollar ring looked beautiful on her finger. Further confirming that it was worth every coin I spent. Her belly was big enough to be at least halfway through pregnancy. I smiled at the thought. Her hair was long. Right now, it was sitting on her shoulders. An indication that some time had passed by maybe?