Chapter Sixty-Six

Aubrey

It was hard for me to sleep. Tonight was crazy. Emotions had ran high. We both said sideways shit. I hated turning my back to her driving away, but 40 wouldn't let me run her down. The last thing I expected was for her to come speeding back hours later, running into my arms in a panic telling me that she's been followed. An issue that I had been going on that I was clueless about.

These were my thoughts as I watched her sleep. 8:00 am. I managed to get three hours of shut eye in. Mila slept directly under me. If I moved the slightest bit, she closed the space between us. My arms stayed tight around her. Her legs sandwiched between mine. If this made her feel safe then so be it. I'll do this all day.

Aubrey: I need all my security cameras checked for the past few days for any strange activity. I also need you to set up a meeting with Spoons' guy from LAPD. Fully undercover and discreet. I don't want any uneccesary attention. I'll explain later.

There were a couple of Instagram notifications that popped up. Seeing my friend, Justin Beiber's name was the only thing that made me go check them.

justinbeiber: #wcw @a_milli 😍 s/o to @champagnepapi! Lol this is an appreciation post my brother. You're blessed 🙌🏾

I laughed at his caption under a photo of Em and I walking hand in hand out of Nice Guys last night. She look so sexy and classy at the same time in that curve hugging outfit. It was tough sitting across from her for hours and not get it popping.

Harmless humor by my little brother. Shit, Em was beautiful, sexy, fine as fuck, hot and whatever other adjectives there were so I'm sure she'd have #wcw tagged with her picture plenty more times today.

@champagnepapi: Lol 😂 thank you my brother #wayyyyup

Chubbs: I got you.

The chime of Chubbs replying to my text caused her to stir. Minutes later she opened those beautiful hazel gray green eyes.

"Hey," she said with a soft smile.

"Hey," I brushed her stray hairs back, "how are you feeling?"

"So much better when I'm with you," she said, faintly, "I'm so sorry about our fight last night. It was stupid. I should be more considerate of you and your feelings."

"The situations we've dealt with together haven't been ideal, and it all just makes me want to put this big wall of protection around you. Ever since I've met you its been my goal to make you smile, make you happy, make you feel safe and worry free every single day. You deserve that. But in order for me to do those things effectively, we have to communicate better. I may get upset with certain things but I'm always going to respect your feelings. You're ability to be a successful, independent woman is what attracts me to you. The last thing I want to do is deprive you of that as a result of my own fears. If you want that home then I support-"

She shook her head and kissed me.

"Not right now. This is where I want to be. I'm more than grateful for everything that you do. I'll do a better job in showing that."

A sly smirk curved my lips, "There's a way you can show me right now."

"What's that?"

I lifted up the bed sheet and comforter to show off my erection. My eyes traveled down her nude body; mouth salivating at the thought of being inside her. Last night was euphoric and long overdue.

"I need to shower," she said, "I feel sticky, sweaty and all down there thanks to you."

I kissed on her neck, "I don't mind the taste of a little hard work."