Chapter Forty Seven

"Hark ye, you Cocklyn and la Bouche, I find by strengthening you, I have put a rod into your hands to whip myself, but I am still able to deal with you both; but since we met in love, let us part in love, for I find that three of a trade can never agree."
Howell Davis

"Nate? Ava? You catch all that?" Sully's voice sounded through the three's ear piece as the bunch tossed their blazers in a box and hid them under several table clothes. While making their way in the cellar, the Drake brothers and Ava heard Sully's conversation with a lady that only gave the impression that she crossed paths with Sully in the past.

"Yes we did...sounds like a lady's trying to buy you a drink." Nate and Ava snickered as a sudden chill ran down Ava's bare arms, silently wanting her blazer back.

"I gotta say Vicky, it's been a long time since a lady's bought you a drink. Go have some fun, I think there's a bathroom behind the DJ." As Ava joked, she could hear Sully slightly chuckle while Nate high-fived her.

"It's not just any lady. Nadine Ross' buying me a drink."

"Nadine Ross?" Nate and Ava said in sync as their eyes met the other with scrunched brows.

"Wait, doesn't she own that army-for-hire?"

"Oh yeah- what's it called? Coastline?" Ava said as she waited for Nathan and Sam to remove their bow ties.

"Shoreline." Sully corrected.

"Yeah. Right." Nathan said. "Thought you had a run in with them?"

"That's putting it mildly. Fortunately, she doesn't seem to be holding a grudge."

"I'm good to go here." Sam said to Nate as he unbottuned his cuffs.

But Ava stood stuck, tilting her head as a sudden thought lingered in her head. "Wait, why would Nadine Ross-who owns an army-come to such an event?"

Everything went Silent, Nate and Sully wondering the same thing too until Sam urged them to keep moving.

"That's...That's a good question." Sully said to himself mostly.

"All right." Nathan brushed away the thought before continuing. "Listen, we're good to go here, Sully. You, uh...stay out of trouble, okay?"

"I'll try."

"You sure you don't want me with you, Sully?" Now it was Ava's turn to worry over the old man.

"You'll be doing more if you stick with Sam and Nate, kid. I'll be fine."

"You two ready?" Sam turned around to face his little brother and Ava, urging them to hurry up once more.

"Yeah." Nate and Ava nodded. "Let's do it."

"Gotta find out where the waiters and caterers are hanging out." Sam said as he lead the way through the cellar.

"Lure one out of the kitchen, probably." Nathan replied.

"Then let's go find the kitchen."

Ava's eyes darted to each product on the shelves, suddenly her stomach croaked as she set her eyes on a jar filled with yellow and red sweets.

"Man, there's enough food down here to feed a small town." Nate whistled, impressed. But as his eyes darted back to Ava who was the last one in the group, he watched as her mouth gaped, almost drooling, as her eyes stared at all the food products. Almost eating it with her eyes only.

"Or just Ava." Nathan said jokingly but Ava didn't hear what Nathan said, she simply blocked him out as she fantasized of all the food she could steal from the shelves.