Chapter Sixteen

"My Lord, it is a very hard sentence. For my part, I am the innocentest person of them all, only I have been sworn against by perjured persons."

-William Kidd

"Well, that's a big house." Sam and Ava were propped up on the opposite building, watching the dark manor with their shared binocular.

"It's more of a manson...really." Sam corrected.

"Whatever, it's all the same." Ava rolled her eyes as she passed over the binocular to the man who ashed out his cigarette. Ava, who was crouched beside him, zipped up her jacket at the sudden chilly air.

The other night, Frank informed the two that Damien would be in his new years party, the invite was mainly to get the man out of their way to make the job easier for the two.

"You know, we can get up there..." The woman pointed at the top of the manson, a simple ventilation that was enough for Ava to squeeze herself in.

"Yeah...I don't really think that I can fit."

"It's okay, I'll prop the window open for you."

"Alrighty then, are you ready?" Sam's eyes traveled to Ava who was preparing herself, tying her brunette hair into a ponytail to get it out of the way.

"Oh, I'm so ready."

Ziplining half of the way was much more easier than climbing around areas that was blinded by the camera. As Sam clung onto a loose but strong brick, he watched Ava slither her way inside the vent easily.

"It'd be nice if you would hurry up." He whispered harshly to Ava before she fully went in.

"It'd be nice if you wouldn't rush me!" After her snare, the woman disappeared and crawled in the dusty vent. The hardest thing she had to do was to prevent herself from sneezing as she crawled thru the tight vent.

Lifting the vent in the room with the power of her leg, she dropped down as silently as she could and immediately made her way to the window, unlocking it and helping Sam to sneak inside.

Only after Sam made his way in the room silently, she took a long glance around the room and noted that it was the master bedroom. The king bed was covered in silky gold sheets while abstract art covered the black walls.

"Hey, we made it." Sam whispered beside her, letting out a little chuckle.

The two high fived one another with cheerful and approving grins before sneaking their way out of the room.

The dark hallway was covered with family paintings on the walls along with knight armors.

"Jeez, how rich are they.." Ava wondered.

"Tell me about it." Sam said from beside her, whispering. "Okay, so, where are we going to find this painting?"

"Frank guessed that it might be in his office. I don't exactly have a map, so I'm guessing we have to find it ourselves." Ava spoke sarcastically.

"Okay, okay, there's no need for the sarcasm." Sam sang as he shoved Ava by the shoulder playfully only for Ava to shove him back a little bit more harder than he expected.