Chapter Twenty Six

"Heaven, you fool? Did you ever hear of any pirates going thither? Give me hell, it's a merrier place: I'll give Roberts a salute of 13 guns at entrance." 

-Thomas Sutton

Even though Ava and the rest were in prison to get their hands on the first clue that'll lead them to Henry Avery's treasures, they were still assigned prison duties. According to Rafe it was only because they had to "blend in".

Nora, who finally came out of solitary- the shit box as Nate called it- looked even brighter and more rested. The dark circles under her eyes faded and her energy returned to normal.

But, Nora and Nate soon had kitchen duties to attend to while Ava and Sam were in charge of laundry. Rafe, although, seemed to disappear frequently and Ava knew he was either doing his own duty or he was avoiding it.

Ava shoved in the dirty clothes and pillow cases in the large blue washer quietly and intensively. The other inmates who were on laundry duty seemed to finish their batches quickly, and one by one they left the laundry room, leaving Ava ignorant to what was going to happen next.

"Hola." A bearded man jolted Ava in her spot, she immediately recovered and nodded her head curtly at the man, shifting her gaze away quickly.

"¿Eres Americano, sí?" Ava's eyes turned into suspicious slits as he asked the question with a twisted smirk. Suddenly, Ava had a bad feeling that this wouldn't end well.

"No." Ava added harshly, moving away from him to drag out the wet laundry out of the machine, placing it in the dryer.

The man, however, laughed mockingly. "I hear you and your friends speak in the courtyard." Ava's heart fluttered anxiously as the man spoke with his thick accent.

"You see my mother was American- like you and your friends." The man swayed his steps as he circled around Ava. "You can call me Alexander."

Ava turned to face him with glaring eyes and tight lips, her brows furrowed tightly. "No hablo ingles." She hissed. "Perdón."

Before Ava could walk past him, Alexander's smirk faltered as his eyes darkened, he grabbed Ava tightly by the arm and yanked her towards him harshly, "I know...I know you are a woman."

Ava rolled her eyes shut before she swung her arm back, balling her palm into a fist. Her knuckles met his nose and upon impact, he let out a little groan as he let go of her.

"You are strong." The man said, suddenly his lips turned upwards into a cheshire grin as he cupped his bloody nose with his palm. "I like women with a fight in them."

"Buddy, I suggest you back off." Ava snarled as she raised her fists high up.

"I don't think so." Alexander lunged towards her and Ava immediately ducked. But the man managed to grab her by the back of her shirt and throw her down harshly.

Ava smacked her head first and groaned in pain. Alexander pinned her down with his weight, he pushed his knee deeper into her side and locked her arms with his hold.

"You do not look like a man." Alexander chuckled. "You look...feminine."

"No shit, dumbass! Get off of me!" Ava struggled under his hold as he watched her squirm in delight.

"And that is good. I haven't seen a woman in years." Suddenly Ava watched his eyes turn lustful and she immediately knew what was his intentions. "I haven't...touched a woman in years."