Chapter Thirty

"Hey..." Ava's eyes lit up as her breath hitched in her throat, her legs tangled with the bedsheets. The sun shined in through the window and illuminated his toned body, as she leaned on her elbows to prop herself up, she was taking the sight of him in. "You...you're here." Ava spoke unbelievably, a little scoff escaping her gaped mouth. 

"What're you talking about? Where else would I be." He spoke groggily, his voice still laced in sleep as he laid on his back, eyes closed. Ava pulled herself towards him as she placed a peck on his nose, his arms instinctively wrapped around her waist and pulled her down to lay her head on his bare chest. "You...alright, Avy?" 

Ava let out a silent sigh of relief as she wrapped her leg around his waist, "yeah...I'm okay- I...I just had a nightmare is all." But something else was bothering Ava as she tapped her cold fingers on his abdomen. Ava bit the insides of her cheek as she contemplated whether she should tell him or not- she never thought of telling him in the beginning, but now that there was a chance of losing him she just had to be brave enough to tell him how she really felt. 

As she propped herself up on her elbow, he opened his tired eyes only to offer his little cheeky smile. He ran his fingers through her hair, pushing her hair away from her face. "I can tell there's something on your mind." 

Ava couldn't help but grin- he knew her so well

"Sam, I just wanted to tell you something..." Ava began to speak nervously as Sam locked eyes with Ava, waiting for her to continue patiently. "I need to tell you something." Ava corrected herself, licking the bottom of her lips as she let out a nervous air. 

"Jesus, what is it-" 

"Sammy, I love you." Sam was slightly taken aback by her sudden outburst and even Ava was slightly surprised at herself. 

Ava anxiously waited for Sam to say anything back, but suddenly a familiar expression etched on his face and immediately, the brows on Ava's forehead immediately creased. 

"S-Sam?' 

Ava sat up and hovered on top of Sam, at the sticky feeling that was now suddenly pooled in the bed, Ava's confused eyes looked at the white bedsheet that turned to crimson red. Her heart started to pound harshly against her rib cage as she began to panic. 

"S-Sam? Sam!" Ava turned to the man only for him to cough up blood. Immediate tears escaped her eyes as she shook him harshly. "Sam, what's wrong, please tell me what's wrong!" His eyes rolled back as Ava's eyes examined his body for any wounds. Before she thought there was nothing, her eyes focused on Sam's low abdomen as three bullet wounds started to form right under her gaze.  

As she started shaking his shoulders, as if it would help him out of his grim fate, Ava's body started to shake tremendously, as if someone was pulling her out or up. 

Suddenly Ava's eyelids flew open as she jerked in her seat, her hand subconsciously flew to her sun locket and grasped it. Her panicked eyes flew to Sully who was clutching her shoulder with a tight grip, as she saw his worried eyes, Ava blinked a couple of times before taking in her environment. Ava wiped her sweaty forehead as she let out a staggered sigh.