{55} An Avalanche

Chapter Fifty Five An Avalanche

"Levi get over here." Mom told him, handing Hailey her camera.

"We're taking another picture?" Levi groaned.

"Yes! You just graduated and I want to remember this moment." She said.

"I think you have enough picture to last a lifetime." He replied, walking toward her.

"One more wouldn't hurt."

Mom hugged Levi and he had one arm wrapped around her. Hailey took the picture and showed it to Mom.

Last month we had Nationals and today Levi and Hailey graduated. I was proud of them. They graduated once again and now they could start a new chapter in their lives.

I glanced away from them when I heard a small cry. Smiling I went over to Hunter who was holding the newest addition to the Jaxon family.

"Still trying to figure out how to hold him?" I asked, adjusting baby Austin in his arms.

He was barely a few weeks old but unlike other babies, he wasn't fussy. I mean only when he was with Hunter.

"What do you expect when he's always with his mother?" Hunter said, looking at his son.

Over the past month, I got to know Alexandria and she got to know us. Hunter and Alexandria weren't engaged but it wouldn't be long enough until Hunter popped the question. She was already apart of the family but it would be official soon.

"Just face it." Alexandria joined us. "He's a mama's boy. Aren't you, Austin?" She cooed.

"Not for long he won't." Hunter said.

They began to play argue over who Austin would love more and I laughed at them. They just didn't know, Austin, would love me the most but I would let them think otherwise.

"Quit arguing in front of my grandson." Mom said. "Let me see him."

"I don't think that's a good idea." Hunter told her.

Mom frowned. "And why's that?"

"Last time we gave you him, you and Dad wouldn't give him back." Hunter replied.

Mom put her hands on her hips. "Well sorry for loving on him."

"Just give Austin to her or she won't stop crying." Dad said.

Hunter gave Austin to Mom and she wouldn't stop smiling at him. It was crazy to know our parents would love our children more than they loved their children.

Well I guess not all grandparents loved their grandchildren. My mom's parents loved me of course but Richard's parents weren't my real grandparents. Nana loved me as if I were her own and I loved her. Papa, on the other hand, didn't really talk to me unless Nana was around.

They were both here today for the celebration and I haven't spoken to Papa yet. Nana talked to me and congratulated me on the win for Nationals.

Grandpa and Grandma, my mom's parents, were the same as always. Grandma was finally happy that she had a great grandchild and nothing could ruin her mood.

If Austin suddenly went missing, I knew either Mom or Grandma took him or possibly even both of them. They loved Austin.

I was walking into the kitchen when Papa stopped me by the doorway of the kitchen. He had a hand on my shoulder.

"Colby, there's something I need to say."

That was more than he ever said to me in my entire life, even on his good days. Something must've been wrong if he was speaking to me.