{39} Something Entirely New

Chapter Thirty Nine Something Entirely New

It was in that moment, right before I opened my eyes, I felt two emotions. I was between staying here in the bed, cuddled with him or fleeing before he woke up. I couldn't think straight laying on top of his bare chest with his arm wrapped around my waist, hugging me to him.

If I were to leave, I had to move carefully without waking him. Lord knew that alone was a challenge for me. I wasn't very stealthy.

I glanced up and watched him as he slept. His mouth was parted slightly as he took steady breaths. He looked calm and relaxed. He wasn't like me but maybe it was because he was still sleeping. He wasn't worried about the morning after like I was.

I decided to make my move while I could. I gently grabbed his arm and lifted it up. I moved underneath it as lightly as I could without distrubing him, as I stood. Once I was sure he wasn't going to wake up, I placed his arm down and gathered up my clothes.

I put them on as quickly as I could and walked, quietly, to the door. I twist the doorknob and I looked back over my shoulder. He had shifted to a different position but thankfully he was still asleep. I opened the door wide enough where I could slip out and shut it, gently.

I walked down the hallway and stairs. The party ended a few hours ago, yet there were a couple of people still here. They crashed out on the couch with red cups in their hand.

Unlike the left side, the right side was completely trashed. Food and drinks were laying everywhere, the furnitures were moved from their original spots and random trash covered the floor.

I glanced at the clock on the wall. It was about to be eight. I sighed as I walked farther into the living room.

As much as I rather leave, I couldn't leave Jayce's house in the state it was. Beside, I didn't have a way to leave anyway.

As I started to clean up, the two people on the couch had woke up. They ignored me as they got up and walked out the house. I gathered all the garbage and placed it in a trash bag.

The living room was cleaned and the furnitures were put back. I was working on the kitchen when I heard footsteps heading down the stairs, quickly.

I heard the front door opened and then it closed. His footsteps grew louder as he walked towards the kitchen and then they stopped.

"I thought you left." He said.

I glanced up and he was standing in the doorway. He only had on his sweatpants. His chest was bare as were his feet.

Once I looked into his eyes, I looked away and continued to clean. I moved away from the island and put the trash in another trash bag. I set it by the door. I was about to grab the broom, but he stopped me.

"Are you just gonna pretend last night didn't happen?" He asked, staring down at me.

There was no way I would ever forget about last night. It was impossible. He made sure of that. Of course it was my first time and his hundredth time but I was sure this was his first time that actually meant something.

His actions showed it. He was gentle and slow, allowing me to adjust to him. He never rushed; he was patient. It was amazing at the time but now I didn't know what to think.

I didn't have an excuse for my action last night. I wasn't drunk nor was he. So, I couldn't use that. I had nothing.

I shook my head. "No. It happened."

I moved away from him and he followed.

"You're regretting it, aren't you?"

I didn't regret it. I just didn't know what to think. We were supposed to be just friends and I crossed the boundary. Whatever happened between us, was my fault. If things got awkward, or we went back to not talking again, it was all on me. I was the one who started it all.