{24} Treat Me Like A Game

Chapter Twenty Four Treat Me Like A Game

My phone buzzed for the fourth time since I woke up thirty minutes ago. I knew who it was but I didn't want to reply back. I know I told him to give until the break was over but I was still mad at him for not telling me what he knew.

Jayce said he was using me but I still didn't know why. I never would unless I decide to talk to him and hope he would tell me what he was hiding.

Sighing, I picked my phone up from my bed and opened his messages.

Hey.

Are you busy?

You're ignoring me aren't you?

Cole, text me back.

I was busy but not in the way he thought I would be busy. I was consumed in my thoughts, thinking about what I should do. So technically I wasn't ignoring him.

Come to my room and we can talk.

I hit send and not even a full minute went by before his response came. He informed me he would be here in five minutes. I glanced at the time.

8:30 a.m.

I had thirty minutes to spare before I had to go to class. Luckily for me I already got ready beforehand. Cassidy went to Nolan's room to help him with some assignments. Cassidy wasn't very smart but she wasn't dumb either. She could quite useful when she wanted to be.

There was a knock on door and I waited a few seconds before I stood up and answered it. I moved to the side and he stepped inside before I shut the door. We sat on my bed and I waited for him to speak.

"Look, I'm not gonna tell you my secret but I'll tell you Jayce's."

I looked at him. "Why don't you tell me yours?"

"Because....it's not as bad as his."

I should've knew right then and there he was lying to me but I chose to ignore it. I let him lie to me but at the same time it wasn't lie.

"He's using you." He told me.

I heard that before.

I frowned. "Do you think this is funny?" I asked. "I'm being serious. What are you hiding?"

His eyebrows furrowed together in confusion. "Of course it's not funny. I'm being serious too."

I rolled my eyes. "Oh really? Because Jayce said the same thing at the Christmas party."

"He said what?"

"That you're using me as well."

He glanced away from me and then back at me. "Jayce is a lair. You shouldn't listen to him. He just doesn't want us together."

At one point of my life, I could trust him. He's never lied to me. Maybe bend the truth so he wouldn't hurt me. But flat out lie to me? No. He wouldn't. Jayce and I used to be best friend. The inseparable friends. After all we've been through, I still trust him.

"I agree with you." I said. "Jayce doesn't want us together."

"See-"

"But." I cut him off. "that's only because of your secret. So it must been one hell of a secret."

"Cole. I promise you. I'm not using you." He looked into my eyes as he spoke.

I searched his green eyes. I didn't know him very well to know whether he was lying or not. I didn't know him like I knew Jayce. Yet I chose to believe him.