{35} Can We Be Friend?

Chapter Thirty Five Can We Be Friends?

Who knew cutting my hair would have a big impact on everything. If I would've knew that was all it would take for us to make a step forward, I probably would've decided to cut it sooner than I did.

I went to the hair salon a couple of weeks ago with Sabrina. We had promised Raven we would donate our hair for her new wigs and since my schedule was different every week, before it started back at the beginning, I wouldn't see her for another week or so.

While Sabrina cut her shoulder length hair very short I chose a different path. Sabrina's new hairstyle suited her. It was incredible. It was shaved, not completely, in the back and long in the front.

My hair was pretty long when it was straighten so when the stylist cut it, it went a little above my shoulders. No one would noticed the sudden change unless I were to wear it down.

The only ones who knew about my hair cut were Sabrina, of course and Cassidy. I wasn't trying to keep it a secret or anything but I never really wore my hair down in the first place.

It was either in a bun or in a ponytail. With my hair texture it was easy to keep it that way than leaving it down. And I wasn't much of a morning person. I didn't have time to try to maintain my hair. It was a blessing to even put it up.

When Cassidy dropped me off at UMC, I didn't have a clue to who I was partnered with. Sabrina had informed me that she was with Chance for the week. She had told me that she already gave Raven her wig and she was happy with it. She had always wanted curly hair and now she finally had it.

I didn't bother to inform the ladies in front of my arrival because they already knew I would be coming for the next month.

I walked toward the elevators and pressed the up botton. I didn't have to wait very long for the lift to come down. I stepped to the side while a few people walked out.

I walked inside and pressed the second floor. My feet led me to Raven's room and she wasn't alone. She was with a young boy around the same age as her.

They were chatting aimlessly about what they had did during their week with their parents. Raven noticed me but more specifically what was in my hand.

"Cole!" She exclaimed as she ran over to me, leaving her friend. "You brought it." She said, while hugging me.

I smiled. "I said I would, didn't I?"

"Sabrina gave me that one when she came to visit me." She pointed to where she kept her stuff at.

Raven didn't have any wigs on today but instead a pink bandana with her small earrings she could wear once in awhile. I walked over to where she put her wigs and placed her new one beside them.

"It's so pretty." She gushed. "Isn't it, Dan?"

He simply just nodded his head at her agreeing with her. I looked at Dan and noticed he didn't look sick or unhealth. I was assuming he wasn't apart of the section or any section. He was just a friend who came to visit.

"Are you the only one coming today?" Raven asked, curiously.

I shook my head. "No. I think my friend will be here anytime now."

Raven peeked behind and pointed. "Is that him?"

I glanced over my shoulder and standing at the nurse's desk was Jayce. He was asking questions, lost. The nurse nodded her head while she informed him where he needed to be. She pointed to where we were and suddenly I became nervous before he even turned his head to look in my direction.