{41} A Dangerous Drug

Chapter Forty One A Dangerous Drug

The most exciting, incredible, amazing thing happened to me today. Dad pulled through and yes I got it back. I got my phone back! How exciting was that? It was like I was missing a piece of me and now I was fully whole again. Jayce was a good stand in but even he couldn't help me with everything.

But that bad part of having my phone back was I didn't have an excuse anymore. I couldn't no longer use,

"I don't have my phone."

So when Hailey sent a group message reminding us that we had practice, I received it, along with others. I got ready for the long practice ahead of me and prepared myself mentally and phyically.

It was the first week of March and Mr. Dean said Hailey, Cassidy and I could officially start cheering again. I missed cheering but I didn't miss the hours and sweat put in.

Hailey didn't waste any time as she walked in the gym and got everyone's attention. We didn't have much time to work our on national routine with April approaching.

"Let's get started."

She began to count through the routine and stop when a person messed up or forgot the next part. We went over a part twice before moving on to the next part.

"Stop!" Hailey ordered, while standing in the front, watching everyone. "Those jumps were horrible! I want your toes pointed!" She said. "Do it again and this time get off the ground!"

By the end of practice, it was like someone dump a bucket of water on my body. I was covered in sweat and my muscles were aching. It was just a two minute routine but it felt way longer. Hailey was set on winning and nothing was going to stop her. She was going to push us until she got our very best and this week was going to be hell for every single one of us.

I had Cass drop me off at my house and told her I would be at the dorm later tonight. Mom wasn't here because she needed to run some errands and she didn't want to leave the house unattended when an important piece of her yard art arrived.

I walked inside and I felt like puking but I couldn't. I have nothing in my stomach. I went to take a shower and hoped that would make me feel better.

After my shower, I headed downstairs to the living room to be closer to the door. I let Koda in to keep me company while I lounge on the couch. Bear was with Jayce but he would be here soon.

I flicked through the channels and decided on watching Criminal Minds. It was the epsiode where JJ was abducted and lost her unborn child.

I was almost halfway through with it when the front door opened and I heard paws on the wooden floor before Bear appeared in front of me.

I smiled. "There's my pretty boy." I rubbed his head.

A few seconds later, Jayce stepped into the living room. Koda moved to play with Bear and Jayce took her spot next to me. He placed his arm over the back of the couch and grinned.

"Hey, Mickey."

I rolled my eyes. "You're the only one who still calls me that." I informed him. "Why?"

"Well.." He began. "I think it's kinda obvious. It's a nickname for your middle name; Mickeala."

"Yeah but that's not why you call me that. There's another reason."

"You're right." He agreed. "There is."

I waited for him to add on to it and he never did. He just grabbed the remote and turned the volume up a little.

"Are you gonna tell me or am I gonna have to force it out of you?"

He glanced at me, smiling. "I'm kinda curious to see how you're gonna force me to tell you."