15:00

In the end, Raven never got to hear about her mother

          In the end, Raven never got to hear about her mother. She scraped her nails vertically against the corner of the room's walls, adding a thirteenth line to signify her thirteenth day since Cross' leave. She further scarred her nail from yesterday, vehemently going through the same spot over and over as she gazed at the red liquid ooze out of her fingertips.

          "We're gonna get in trouble." She began hearing them again. Her avid desire was her logical reasoning for the occasional voices she heard. It's been getting noisier lately, she hears them a lot more frequently and louder now. Her fingers which where digging into the concrete, slowly but surely conveyed to her neck. The insides of her mouth were as dry as her pale skin, her thirst growing intensely.

          The barely-audible creaking sound of the doorknob slowly being twisted, excited her manic soul. When the door swung open, everything seemed to go in slow motion. She recklessly dashed to the person she thought was Cross with inhuman speed and unable to halt in time, the body she clashed with emphatically collided with the wall behind. Blinded by her desire for blood, she hovered her lips over the soft skin as the person groaned in pain from the sudden crash.

          "Brandon!" Just as Raven was about to quench her thirst, she felt a hand grab a fistful of her hair and mercilessly toss her to the other end of the hallway. The amount of force exerted by her attacker allowed a dent on the wall that painfully made contact with her back; beside her was a flight of stairs going up that led to the dark.

          She sat up from the overwhelming scent of blood filling her keen nose, just to be pinned back to the wrecked wallpaper aggressively by a hand swathing her neck. She was greeted with a set of gleaming red eyes that matched her curly locks. The unwelcoming woman secured her fingers around the sides of her neck, cutting off the oxygen to her brain. Her toes left the ground as the grip around her neck tightened. She struggled for air, gaping and losing her mind filled with panic.

          In an instant, all the weight above her disappeared. She fell to the ground, wheezing and concentrated on getting her breath even. The lit sconces blew out one by one, the other end of the hall engulfed in darkness. A dim source of light luminesced from the staircase that defined a certain silhouette. The sudden gust of wind blew louder and stronger as she realized that her attacker was tackled to the ground by none other than her prince. Eyesight unfocused, she saw Cross' figure save her from a life-threatening situation—it was a sense of déjà vu all over again.

          An unidentified brave man by the name Brandon, charged at him. He pushed Cross off of his mate, baring his fangs at him mindlessly. One glare was enough to scare Brandon off of him and create a huge hole on the wall behind him, leaving it in ruins. For a moment, the only sound was the debris crumbling from the demolishment. Raven was unsure if it was the throbbing in her head that caused the feeling of being watched by a good number of eyes.

Is she one of us?
She smells human.

          Cross sent a glare to the direction of the light, vanishing the voices and uneasiness she felt; silently thanking him for it. She has yet to satisfy her hunger and he knew that all too well. He rushed to her in the blink of an eye and picked her up without effort. The couple scurried back up the stairs, leaving the two alone. Soundlessly, he carried her back to the room.

          "I warned you, princess," he told her breathily, as if holding his acrimony back. "I warned you countless times that you'd shatter if I get too close."

          She remained silent, not meeting his eyes.
          "But you insisted on staying by my side, not knowing of all the dangers my existence could bring. I had to sacrifice a great deal because of your stubbornness, d'you know that? You convinced me that I couldn't live without you and you, me. I put your safety on the line and I don't think I can forgive myself if anything happens—" he cut himself off when he noticed that she was biting herself. "Raven."

          She detached her fangs from within her wrist and executed a thoughtless action of pressing her lips against his.