16:00

The look of shock on Cross' face was oddly enlightening. The sweet taste of her blood swathed his tongue, calming him. He kept his usual composure as her eyes met his. His eyes, they were exuberating with desire so beautifully. From afar they were a plain ebony, as normal as any other pair. But up close they were captivating, the plain ebony was so much more; when the flames' golden hue reflected off them, they were ruby with just a gentle touch of auric. She coyly diverted her comparable red eyes away from his as he gently placed her down onto the soft sheets of her royally decorated bed.

          "Is it normal for a vampire to crave for blood this badly?"

          Ignoring her question, he embedded emollient kisses just above her collarbones, feeling her correspondent nails digging into his back; begging for allowance to satiate her noxious hunger before anything else. The only source of her endurance being the amount of respect she had for him, she took the slightest sign of permission as an opportunity for her to sink her baby fangs into his neck. "Look how spoiled you've become."

          Brows furrowed, she concentrated on drinking in every single drop of blood streaming down his skin. Her tongue savored the succulent flavor, pulled her canines out, then adequately swiped her lips with the back of her palm. She took deep breaths, staring at Cross' ever so apathetic features.

          "Such a ravenous little bird," he whispered, playing with the long strands of her hair distributed across the comforters. "Not quite there yet, princess, allow me show you how it's really done."

          Mercilessly, he chomped down onto the spot he marked with his lips earlier, not even considerately giving her time to catch her breath. She let out a gasp, her heart rate speeding from the sudden invasion of pain. Her complexion is ashen, face locked in a grimace. She twitched her legs in every possible position, pressing them deeper against the sheets to suppress a hearty shriek; but she knew she deserved this for the prior event.

          Through his unreluctant consumption, she could sense the immensity of his endurance, making her realize that she wasn't the only one suffering from an insatiable appetite—hence her fingers found their way to the short strands of his hair when he withdrew from the spot. The light push she exerted with her hand prompted him with further access to her neck and he ardently created another opening on the side of her neck.

          A second after the penetration, he removed his fangs from the new opening, taking her aback. She scrutinized his callous expression, concerned about his abrupt change of behavior. "What's wrong?"

         Without a word, he rose from his position as she mirrored his actions breathily, still uneasy from the bloody affliction. She could think of countless reasons for his unanticipated suspension —1)Raven wasn't enough, 2)She was too spoiled for his liking, 3)He preferred JulietRaven, 4)She did something wrong, 5)Drastically offended him, maybe, 6)His hunger was satisfied and didn't need her anymore, 7)Etc.— all these unnecessarily insecure thoughts drove her crazy.

          She stepped towards him and clung onto his arm, in a desperate attempt to deduce his actions, "Cross—" just to be swatted away. Rejection coursed through her veins eminently as an unresistant stare held onto the girl that had frozen in front of him. That night, Cross carried all apologetic sentiments with him out the door.