10:59

The Great War

          The Great War. Tonight, Cross fulfills a promise, and she knew fully well that he never goes back on his words.

          "Sorry I'm late. The ball ended later than I anticipated," he continues. "Before we attack your land, Juliet, there's something I want you to know."

          "What is it, Cross? You know you can tell me anything."

          "I think it's better if I show you," he states as he bares his fangs at the sixteen-year-old, eyes reflecting the color of the torches behind her. "I'm not human."

          She screams. A shriek filled with evident fear towards the creature hovering over her. Frozen is terror, she uncontrollably trembles as he turns his back to her and march on to keep his vows of taking their land back for her; while thinking I thought so.

          Observing his back figure that got tinier by the second, absurd thoughts began flooding her head? Why was he helping a mere human being? I doubt these are all charity work. What was his main objective as a vampire? And just like that, the war commenced.

〰️

           "Father! I have a proposal for you. Will you hear me out?"

          He nods, warily.

          Cross breathes in a deep breath and says, "I offered to help out a friend of mine in reigning over EthiaRose, so I was wondering if our fellow men would like to attend the huge dinner party I'll be hosting soon."

          "We're invading the humans?" a noble voiced, laced with desire for fresh blood. "I'm in."

          "Me too!" another one chorused.

          "Cross, your willing to put our existence on the line for the sake of this little friend?" Lord Amon's words silenced everyone in the room.

          "We can erase the memories of their people or turn them into one of us; if we don't end up devouring each and every one of them," Zane, his older brother, backed his idea up. "Conquering their land doesn't sound like a bad idea."

          "We'll invade on the night of the red moon." Everyone in the room rejoiced in anticipation at their lord's decision, who sighed in defeat.

〰️

          "Father," Cross choked, staring dreadfully at the corpse laying between them. "Why?"

          "Raven!" he cried as he rushed over and carried her little body into his arms. With one look into the murderer's unapologetic eyes, he was surged with the overwhelming feeling of hatred and anger. A twisted sentiment flowed through his veins and just like that, he ripped his own blood father's heart out singlehandedly. Deep breaths. Up and down, his chest heaved. The sense of losing a loved one clung onto his mind, her agonizing scream ringing in his ears. He brought his hands up to cover his ears in attempt to block it out.

          "My deepest apologies, JulietRaven, I was too weak. I let my guard down and saved a mortal girl, unknowingly sacrificing yours at that exact moment," he inhales uncontrollably, turning around and picking up her signature rose hairpin that fell off of her. "I'm so sorry."

          "Romeo," he caught a hint of a raspy, frail voice. A spark of hope.

          "Juli—"

          "It's too late for me now, go and give that girl the love that you couldn't give me."

          He froze. "Stop being unreasonable. I'm a pureblood," he whispers, sinking his fangs into her neck.

Page 10 section 2, the masscare of a hundred nobles will revive a dead soul.

t h i s  c h a p t e r  i s
a   s e r i e s   o f   f l a s h b a c k s