12:59

"I'm thirsty," Raven says the first time she wakes up from her slumber. Before Cross could react, she reached for the glass of water beside her and gulped it down instantly. Not even a moment later, she coughed it out as the glass in her hand shatters when it made contact with the floor, gagging at the sand-like texture that immersed her tongue. "What was that?"

          "Water."

          "Since when did water taste so. . ." she trailed off when she reminisced the events earlier. "How many were there before me?"

          There was a long pause, making her heart twist in her chest. "When I met Rave— Juliet, I didn't know what I was getting myself into. I was young enough to be fooled by a human girl."

          "I don't want to hear about your love story, Cross," she sighed, unable to hide the laced heartbreak. Her fragile heart stung from the choice of word he used on his ex-fiancée, each time he mentions her name causing nothing but insecurities.

          His eyes softened. "I'm sorry. For a lot of things, I—"

          Her eyes riveted on his open neck. "Don't. Cross, I've been noticing for a while now but you smell different."

          He stops in his tracks, caught off guard by her statement. Without a word, he takes off his coat, hangs it on the rack beside him and just as he was about to take a step towards her, she abruptly rises from her seat. A certain scent fills her sensitive nostrils as the scattered shards penetrate the flesh on the soles of her feet. Her head lowered to the feet as her eyes discern the luring color of the moon she last witnessed—red. The color of the moon?  How do I know that? In one swift movement, she realized her desires and the next thing she knew, Cross was pinned against the wall with her newly-discovered fangs against his skin.

          "That's right, Raven. Realize and accept who you truly are," he groans when she bites even deeper, feeling the thick liquid stream down his back. "Seek and work for your desires."

          She detaches her lips from his skin, licking clean the redness around it before mercilessly biting onto his collarbone, creating a new and fresher opening to her convenience. His fingers that was originally entangled around the tip of her hair, he balled into a tight fist.

          "You're killing two birds with one stone, great job." Yes, quench your thirst and cause me the pain I deserve.