14:00

"You just invaded my mind, didn't you?"

          "I have to tell you something, Raven."

          "You do, for once," she replied, austerely.

          "The Ethian king and Lilith's son," he paused, ignoring her sarcastic comment. "He was your father."

          Why does he always do this to me? Putting me in the dark and suddenly giving away news like this? Is it on purpose? Her clouded mind grew numb, making it impossible to hear anything else but the repetitive echoes of Cross' words. She attempted to swallow the burning sensation in her throat as it spread to her chest. "Listen, reign alongside me. Claim your legacy as the secret heir of the fifth king. Be the queen you were born to be, Raven."

          "Are you sure you want to keep me as your queen?" she asked, staring into his guilty eyes. Or pet? When she didn't get an answer, she continued, "What exactly was my mother?"

          He pursed his lips. She abruptly noticed his hesitation, causing the sick sensation to reach down to her stomach. For the first time in her life, she actually felt anger towards Cross Red. The dark room was serene for a moment, she heard a distant voice laugh, "You believe in ghosts?"

          "Who was that?"

          "Who was what?"
She frowned at his question.

          "—I heard someone witnessed a white lady, surrounded by blood in there." It was faint, but she could swear she heard it. Guessing from his furrowed eyebrows and bloody sharp eyes, she noticed that Cross did too.

          "I'll be right back." Suddenly, his back was facing towards her, reminding her of the amount of times she couldn't prevent his absence.

Wait.
Don't go.
Cross!

          "It was always like this, Princess. The only difference now is that this time, you could hear the imminence as well. You don't have to be scared, I'll take care of them like I always have."