05:00

Prince Cross was admiringly a good man. He didn't yell at her in anger for abiding his command nor did he perform the slightest forms of punishment for venturing out of her cage. Consequently, she welcomed the warmth of his hug and tenaciously clung onto him.

"Please stay tonight. Or take me with you, if you must," she begged, her words bringing a taboo smile on his lips.

          "Such an enticing request, Princess," he whispered into her ear, menacingly. "I just might consider it if you're willing to accept me for who I truly am."

          "I've accepted you a long time ago."

          "You don't know what you're getting yourself into."

          "I've been repining to get myself into whatever you're involved with, Prince Cross," she admitted, meeting his red eyes once more. "I want to know you as much as you know me and beyond."

          His eyes riveted to her open neck as she gathered her hair to one side, accumulating his craving; thus increasing the pressure of his endurance. He assimilated piercing her skin meant a contemptible skin-deep resolve from his part. Although eminently tempting, Raven was the last person he'd risk.

          "Since when did you start addressing me so formally?" he queried rhetorically, burying his face in to her right shoulder and breathing in the nostalgic scent of a baby that she carried, which he fondly missed. "You can start with knowing that you can stop calling me by that title."

          She rested her palm over his head, playing with the short strands of his silky hair. "Prince? Why?"

          "Because I retired from being one a long time ago."