09:00

A month. It's been one agonizing month since Raven's been stuck in the dark and since then, she's learned quite a few things about Juliet. Breathing in the serenity spread throughout her room, the silk of her pristine white nightgown caressed her skin as she lay still on the soft sheets of her bed.

          Hey, where's Cross?

          "For the hundredth time, Raven, he's out."

           How long has it been?

          "A week."

          Is this what it means to stay by his side?

          She didn't get a response.
You know, pretending to be me and keeping me in here won't get him to love you, JulietRaven Rose.

          "He loved the mortal me the same way, Raven. You know nothing about our love; it shan't end as tragically as the original Romeo and Juliet story."

          He saves you by turning you and you make him your king in return. As much as I hate to admit, that doesn't sound like a tragedy to me. . . Hey, Juliet?

          Silence.

          Juliet?

          "I'm thirsty."

          Just in case you forgot, this is my body—

          "I'm aware," she sounded irritated. "Hey, by any chance, does he call you Princess?"

          How did you know?

          Not being able to contain a smirk, she whispered, "Because that's what he used to call me."

                    Their eyes met; his bright red ones with hers, and it was at that moment Juliet realized that she wished to make him her Romeo

          Their eyes met; his bright red ones with hers, and it was at that moment Juliet realized that she wished to make him her Romeo. Despite dressing as the daughter of a mere townsman, he looked at her. He noticed her suffer from the pressure of her vicious parents, who wanted nothing more than to take back their land as the former heir of the Kingdom of EthiaRose.

          "Cross, your father disapproves of me, doesn't he?"

          Through Juliet's eyes, she saw the soft expression on Cross' face as he gently brushes a strand of hair behind her ears. "What makes you say that?"

          Breathing uneven, she whispers, "His eyes. I can tell, Cross."

          "I'm sorry," he says, wrapping his arms around her. "You will reign over EthiaRose again, no matter what. I promise."

          Enveloped by the coldness of the silence, her eyes peeled open. A dream? Her heart pounded against her chest. The room was entirely dark. No light anywhere. The remnants of her dream still clung to her mind while her position was exactly the way it was before she shut her lids.

          "That was a fragment of my memory, Raven. Humans currently call our kingdom 'Elysium', I suppose?"

          What?

          "This is the vast difference between you and I; the original and the replica. A queen and a princess-wannabe."

          Raven was losing her mind. Those words made her doubt Cross' love for her. Blocking out her voice wasn't an option when it was the only thing she could hear for the past month. No more.