11:59

"I'm a mere fracture," she whispers to herself. "A broken piece of your first love."

          "You—" He takes a step closer to her in caution. "—don't remember?"

          She slightly raised her head and looked into his bloody orbs. A purple stain just below his ear bothered her; against his pale skin, it was grotesque. "Why do we have matching bruises, Cross?"

          Without a word, he closed the distance between them and carefully placed his palm over her bruise. Not meeting her eyes, he said in a low voice, "Shh, does it hurt? Let's take the pain away."

          Repeating the words he said years ago—the last time he performed his magic onto her—broke her down. "But you're hurt too."

          "I'm fine. I'll heal."

          "How'd this happen?" she asked, hovering her fingers over the wound. "It looks awful."

           She caught his eyes locked onto her with a certain look she didn't favor, before he looked away. They were filled with secrets. She always thought he was like an insurmountable, snow capped mountain. No matter how much she climbs, she can't seem to reach the top and view everything from his perspective. Vertiginous obstacles like an avalanche would always push her back even further from where she was standing in his life. I'm tired of climbing. I'm sick of trying to conquer the unconquerable. "Please, Cross. I beg of you, no more secrets."