Fourteen

"H-hey is the purple colour thingy is going to pop out in sudden or- wait, what are we going to do if it pops out?? Run? Fight them?!"

"CODE9, calm down. It's not like a big thing" I said, gulping down. "If it's not a big thing why did u hide your earrings already??!" He started to be scarred.

I smiled awkwardly "Well.." Suddenly i smelled something and heard footsteps on the dead leaves. "Come!" I pulled him beneath the tree, hiding under the bushes.

"Your strength is amazing" He was shocked. "It's because of my level. Be quiet" I said, placing a finger onto my mask lips, then looked away to observe what just passed by around us.

As expected, it's the purple monsters.

"It is here" I said whispering to him, pointing toward the monster. It was a bit bigger than human, walking on its two feets, a line of scales at the back and has a tail. It's like a squid, if anything attacks it, it will spread out its purple liquid, or should i say the virus that makes players avoid from being here.

"What.. The.. Fck" CODE9 muttered under his breath when he saw the monster. "Cursing in front of me, that's nice" I mocked him.

"Im out from here, Im out--" When he stood up, my mouth opened apart but i can't say anything when i saw the monster appeared behind him.

We stayed quiet for a while until the monster walked away, leaving the spot where we were. I pushed CODE9 slightly to the side because i want to get up.

"We can't be so loud. Thank goodness the monster didn't see you or we will be in trouble" I sighed in relief but not CODE9, he was looking behind me but not too long until he acted.

He pulled behind and stopped something with his arm. He pushed me away slightly and i quickly turned to see what he was doing.

My eyes widened when realised he used his arm to prevent the monster from hurting me with its sharp teeth.

"Ugh" CODE9 groaned in pain and quickly took out a gun. I was too shocked, can't think of anything to do.

After that i heard a loud gunshot from CODE9's gun, shooting the monster as it was hurt and ran away adterwards.

"Damn it.." CODE9 breathed in and out heavily, sat down on the ground right away while looking down to his injury.

It was a deep bite, and purple colour appeared around the bite marks. "Is this the thing u talked about?" He asked.

I didn't answer and just looked at him, makes him feeling weird then lifted his face.

He was worried "You are not hurt right?" He asked, i was still quiet. "Hey CODE7" He wanted to stand up but i kneeled down right away with both hands on my laps.

"Im sorry" I sais, bowing my head lower a bit, apologising to the man in front of me because of my reckless

"Why are u apologising?" He asked weirdly. "Because of me, you've been bitten. You are numb now" I bit my lower lip.

"It's okay, i will just log out after this. No worries" He raised his other hand, telling it will be okay.

"That's the thing.. Players feared the virus so much because if you are numb because of it, u can go back to the real world because the system can't detect your nerves" I gulped down, still be worried about him.

"R-really?" He brushed his nape. "Oh dont worry about it too, i used to stay alone at home. Besides, my mom always hangs out with her friends and my dad is busy with his works"

I gasped to hear that from him.

"Now, now. Dont be sad, it's not like im dead. Have u seen the plant around here?"

I lifted my face and looked around, "I guess i need to go a bit deeper into the forest" I said, standing up. "I will go ny myself, wait here--" When i wanted to walk away, he grabbed my hand with his another hand "I will come along" He stood up.

"But you are hurt!"

"It will be more painful if i see anything hurts you and im not there with you" He let go of my hand and walked ahead, but i just stood there.

This is not an act right? Is he.. saying the truth? He is not faking this right..?

"Let's go" He said while turning to me as soon as he realised i didn't take any step forward since then.

~

I sat on the chair next to his bed while looking at his pale face. "So.. It's not just making my arm numb. It makes me feel sick too" He closed his eyes then opened them again.

We were at Grandpa's tree house, inside the room for patients but nobody was there except for us.

Someone suddenly knocked the door and Grandpa and CODE20 appeared. "How do u feel?" Grandpa asked.

"Weak" CODE9 answered with a low tone and chuckled a bit. "This is just for a day right?"

"Well that's what rumour said. None of us ever got bitten by stupid creatures. You must didn't pay attention, thank goodness CODE7 is okay" CODE20 spoke, saying it with a playful tone like usual.

I was surprised to hear what CODE20 said, "N-no he paid so much attention and saw that the creature wanted to attack me but he saved me" I looked down in guilt "Really?" CODE20 was shocked and looked at CODE9 without saying anything.

"Enough with the talks, CODE9 needs to rest. Here, drink this, it will be much better" Grandpa handed a wooden cup to CODE9 "get well soon. I will leave now, let's go CODE20. And.. Both of you, thank you for the plant" Grandpa thanked before he left woth CODE20.

When they left, he drank all of it instantly. "How does it taste?" I asked, wanting to know how it tastes like.

"Sweet" CODE9 said happily. "Really??" I was kind of surprised to know the medicine was sweet. "Taste some" He offered and handed me the wooden cup. I tried to smell but it has no scent at all. I drank it a bit and stopped right away, gulped it down throat forcely

"It's.. Bitter"

"Got you" CODE9 laughed out loud, enduring his pain. "I will make you drink this for the whole night" I groaned, saying it like i was angry but we both know i weren't. We laughed, and without realising it,

CODE20 was there, watching us from afar before he closed the door while looking down, letting out a weak sigh.