Five

That night, i can't forget how he held my hand. How gentle his voice was.

I bit my lower lip and heard someone knocked the door "I brought your medicine" Aunt Aro spoken.

"please come in" I said as i sat up and waited for Aunt Aro to approach me. "Here, your medicine" She handed me a pill and a glass of water.

As i gulped down the pill and drank the water, i gave her back the glass and thanked her. "Aunt Aro" I called her, and she stopped immediately.

"Yes?"

"That boy just now.. Do i know him?" I asked in case we have met before. "No miss. He is your new friend, u haven't seen him before" Aunt Aro said.

I tapped the bed next to me, telling her to sit down and she did. "Im just curious, how does he looks like?"

My eyes widened when i asked that stupid thing. Lara, dont get so into this, he just be friend with you because his dad told him to. I could tell that Mr Jeon and my dad has a plan behind all of these.

"His hair is--"

"Wait no" I sighed. "Im sorry i shouldn't have asked it. I have no any intention of that"

"Miss, maybe he could be your real friend? Maybe he is not like the others-"

"No, i won't believe that. He just want to be close with me so his dad can get the opportunity. Dad might knew it already and maybe has a plan together but i won't let anyone to breaks my heart again and hurt any of us"

She held my head and bended down to as she pecked my forehead. "Please dont be sad, i can't see u this way. I already assume you as my daughter, i can't let u to be sad anymore" She sighed.

She's really kind toward me, almost like a real mother. Her daughter died in an accident and she left her husband because he kept on getting drunk, hurting her.

As she closed the door, i held tight the shirt on my chest area

"Friends.. huh?"

The next day, i didn't log in because i dont have the mood to play the game. I just stayed in my room, listening to the radio. While i was spacing out, i reached out in the drawer next to my bed and took out a voice recorder.

I pushed the button and it startes

"27th March, 2018. Now im in my room, locking up myself. Yesterday, another my-friend-to-be came, this time is a boy.."

I stopped talking for a moment and proceeded "He tried to be friends with me, i wanted to... But" I gritted my teeth as the past appeared on my mind.

"but my past keeps on telling me to not trust anyone that easily"

Someone entered the door without knocking because i heard the door creaked open. My head turned to the door direction and i pushed the button to stop the recording.

"Who is that" I asked but no reply. "Im asking you again, who is it" I said, at the same time i reached out secretly the steel baton under my bed from the bed side.

"It's me" Dad chuckled. "It's not funny to make jokes like that to a blind person like me" I sighed and put back the baton. "I could've hit you, what did u think?"

"I just want to see if my daughter is ready to face any danger by yourself. I guess you are" He sat by the bed side. "Yesterday when i asked Aunt Aro about you, she just shook her head. And just now i heard u said something about friends"

I gasped

"Y-yes i did"

"You still can't forget about it?"

"She lied to me, and.. " I started to be annoyed when reminded of her. "Enough of this. I dont want to talk about her"

"I understand. But Jungkook, you know, he is a good boy. Im sure he won't do anything like that to you"

"im not ready to accept anyone new in my life"

"Oh really? It's a pity then, because i thought u need to wear this collar to it. I guess not" Dad stood up.

"Wait what? collar?"

"Come in here!" Dad suddenly shouted and i can hear footsteps ran into my room. Before knowing it, something licked my face and sat on my laps.

My eyes grew bigger "A dog?!" I yelled. "Yes., this is her collar. Want to put it on?"

"She is a female!" I smiled wide and put on the collar before i hugged her close. "It's golden retriever type, brown coloured, brown eyed. In sure u can picture it"

I nodded happily and hugged the dog again "I decided to give you a pet since u won't accept any 'person' as a new friend. Anyway, what do u want to name her?"

"Kirei. Kirei means beautiful in japanese" I smiled to nyself and held her head as i brushed her fur.