Eighteen

Two days has passed and according to the schedule, today Mr Mr Jungi will teach me Mathematics.

Mr Jungi only will teach me two subjects, which are History and Mathematics. But, today seems like weird

While i was solving the problems after hearing the question, i heard Mr Jungi sneezed.

"This is the fifth times in a row. Are u okay, teacher?" I asked concernedly. "Yes im okay" He answered.

That night, when i was listening to music while lying down on the couch, i suddenly sneeze as it caught mom and dad's attentions.

"Someone must have said my name" I muttered and closed my eyes again, listening to the music. But for the second time, i sneezed, and i got the chills. "H-hey.. Dont tell me i caught--"

"Did u catch a cold?!" Dad cupped my face. "Heol! Darlinggg!!" Dad shouted out for mom, makes me even feeling weird. "EMERGENCY" Dad shouted. "S.O.S"

"What are u doing?! By the way S.O.S is just for extreme distress and usually at the sea--"

"We will be at the sea if u are sick. The sea of my tears! Darling!" Dad called mom again.

"Im here! Medicines come to rescue!"

"What the fck is going ooonnnn?!"

In sudden everything went quiet,

"T-this is bad. She cursed.. I guess the cold has takes over her soul" Dad whispered to mom. "DAD CUT IT OUT"

Finally, everything stopped and i just took the medicine like a normal person..

Normal person..

"Both of you stop it i know u guys are staring at me! Be normal please" I groaned holding my laughter because of them. "this can't be. Im afraid that the cold will turn to fever. I guess we need to do it in order for Lara to heal"
Mom whispered.

"I can hear it you know" i cracked a smile.

"Yes, we need to do it"

Hold on, what are they going to do? give me injections? i heard that way can make someone heal fast

"Yes. Be ready"

"HOLD ON, be ready for what? what are u guys going to do??"

"A RITUAL" Both of then answered in unison.

"STOP THAT"

The next morning, i woke up and i realised my cold has gone. I sighed in relief and smiled, i knew it will just be for a night-- hold on, they didn't do anything stupid right?

quickly, i walked to the wall on my room, sniffing the wall and even roamed my hands around to indetify if there's anything be drew on it.

Then i walked around my bed area, to check if there's really nothing.

"We didn't do the ritual last night, but seeing our daughter walking around carelessly, i think.. We need to do it"

I was surprised and turned to face the door "Im just checking, no need to do any rituals" I groaned.

"Yes, prepare the ingredients"

"AS I SAID DO NOT. And what's with the ingredients, rituals are not cooking competition!"

I can't help but laugh when they joked like that, seriously, i love them so much. Im so relieved to have parents like them. Thank goodness..

••

"Is Mr Jungi here? Teacher.. Please wear a mask" I smiled. "Oh wait, it's quiet" I mumbled. Dad opened the door but i can hear loud voice belongs to Mr Jungi

"Yes, because it's his son. Not Mr Jungi. His son will teach you instead until his dad recovers"

"Nice to meet you, my name is Seungji, Mr Jungi is my dad"

"a-ah, nice to meet you too"

Both of us went into my room and began our study. "So u mastered those two subjects too? is it in your genes or.." I chuckled

He let out a laugh "No, im the oldest child so my dad taught me these two subjects really well. My age is 20 years old"

The next week, Mr Jungi still can't attend to teach me so Seungji did it on his dad's behalf. "We will take a shirt break" Seungji said, as he stood up and walked out from the room then closed the door.

As he came back, he placed down a cup for me to drink but i thanked him and drank a bit. i was just missing Mr Jungi.

When Seungji was about to go home for the day, he stopped when he heard Dad and Mom was discussing about my babysitter

"Mom, dad, im a grown up. Eventhough Aunt Aro isn't here, i can take care of myself" I sighed. "But still, you are a girl"

"Are u saying that being a girl is weak?"

Both of then went silence. "It's not what i meant. You know how precious u are to us. We need to take a precaution step"

"I-im sorry to interrupt. But i have friend, she used to babysits and now she is free"

~

"Hi there, How are you?"

My phone was ringing and when i picked up, this was what i received.

I smiled a bit

"Nothing, just waiting for my babysitter to come. Mom and dad are going out for a meeting" I explained.

"A babysitter? Will u be fine?"

"I will just be in my room anyway. I got to go, she is here. I need to bid my parents goodbye"

i ended the call right after.

It's been one hour since my parents left, while i was sitting on the bed, someone knocked the door

"Cheun, is that you?" I asked and she answered "Yes"

"Oh okay, come in" I gave her the permission and she stepped in. "I brought something for u to eat and drink, because i usually when bored, i will want to eat"

She chuckled. "Here some cookies, and drink some juice because u will get thirsty after eating the cookies" She said while placing them down onto the table near my bed.

I nodded and thanked her then got off from the bed and ate some cookies before i drank the juice.

But actually,

I wasn't drinking it at all.

The smell of the juice, it's different. Plus, when i taste a bit of the juice, it tasted differently.

Just like the coffee Sungji gave me on the other day.

Something is fishy but if i tell this to mom and dad, they might won't believe me.

That's why, i set up a camera on my makeup desk as i carefully hid it with my other things so she won't figure it out.

I acted well as i landed my head on the desk, acting like the sleeping pills really succeed.

She laughed "Nice, this went well" She clapped her hands. "Now im going to walka round the house and search for something shiny and expensive"

I left my necklace beside the table where she put down the cookies and juice, just to trapped her.

And she fell for that stupid trap.

"The first thing i found and it's already expensive" She put it inside her pocket.

That's enough for the evidences!

I reached out for my baseball bat under the bed and without her realising it, i swung it, expecting she was near the table area and i was right, the bat hit her shoulder then to her head makes her collapsed onto the ground.

When i just about to be relieved, someone opened the door.

"Hey Cheun, you are so late. Why didn't u open--"