1.The visitors

Start bij het begin

After fajr I finally made my way to the 24 hour cafeteria downstairs to have breakfast before finishing the final hours of my long 30hour shift.

'Dr Parker, I did as you instructed. Lisa is well now.'

'Who?' She just had a thing with remembering people's names.

I actually thought it was rude initially. I mean why and how can't you remember someone's name. I don't understand that logic. But now, I was used to her and she was my mentor. She was the most understanding and gifted person and I was glad I was learning from her.

'The girl, broken arm and stitched thigh?'
She then remembered and nodded.

'Did you call child welfare? She is terrified by the sight of her foster parents. They are abusing her as much as she's trying to hide it.'

'Yes I did. They said they are on their way. I'll wait for them and leave after.'

I adjusted  my grey jersey hijab that was looking disastrous rightnow after all these in and outs.

Lisa came in today at almost 7:15 in the morning in her school uniform. She rushed here alone in pain and horrified. The nurse called her parents before Lisa opened up about the whole truth.

She initially claimed that she fell terribly on her way to school but it just didn't make sense.

After assuring her that she'll be okay, she finally confided in me saying that her foster father hit her and this wasn't the first time. She was just 12 but someone was doing horrible things to her and now we had to make sure that they never see her again.

After sorting the affair with social welfare, I left the building as I walked to the parking lot where I parked my full black BMW X6 and made my way out of the compound making my way home.

Well you're probably wondering how can I afford that car with the job I'm working. My salary was quite basic but I came from a well off family. My father owned manufacturing industries so he was quite rich if you'd ask me. He managed to spoil all his kids.

As tired as I was, I drove back home and thank God the traffic wasn't so heavy. I reached home after half an hour got inside only to find a lot of movements.

The maids were moving here and there,my nieces and nephews, my two older sisters, my younger twin sisters. So I had two brothers and four sisters, a total of 7 kids.

'A'mmah Aqsa, Khaala Aqsa!' Repeatedly as the kids ran to me. [paternal and maternal aunt respectively]

'Aww how are you my sweeties. Say Salaam.' Each now came kissing my hand with the Islamic greeting.

I was so tired but that could wait for some minutes. I greeted my sisters and then finally my mother.

'Full house today maa.' And she laughed.

'I told you that we are having visitors for dinner.'

'Yes you did. Well I'm so tired maa, I'll go rest so I can join all of you later in sha Allah.'

'Sure my child.' I kissed her forehead and left. She was busy instructing everyone so I bid my laters to everyone then walked upstairs to lock myself inside my room.

I rushed to pray dhuhr because if i sleep now I'm sure I'll miss my prayers. After praying I set the alarm for my asr prayers then slept not even thinking about lunch, I decided to save my appetite for later.

When i woke up for Asr prayer I heard my oldest sister Fatma knock at my door.
'Aqsa open up.'
Fatma was married with one daughter Amal.

'Fatma trust you to interrupt my resting time.' As I opened the door.