ONE-SHOT: Daytime Terrors

Words: 2691

Couple: none, platonic Carter/Bryn

Notes: Wowow, another Bryn oneshot! I love these! Written for @spacedud, thank you so much for your request, it was super great to work more with both my favorite boys~ hope you enjoy~ GERMAN INDEX CAN BE FOUND AT THE END OF THE ONESHOT SO EFF OFF WITH YOUR COMPLAINTS THANK YOU.

Ratings/Warnings: nightmares, very mild violence, slight angst, not graphic at all though.

~@~@~@~

It had already been established that sometimes I couldn't be glued to Tobias' side. Ever since coming to the rebellion, he'd become a close advisor to Kailas, the head of intelligence for the soldiers and a direct line for weapons, fuel, and other supplies they wouldn't be able to get otherwise. Tobias was an important figurehead alongside Kailas, they had a lot to discuss most days, and there were times when I just couldn't tag along during those discussions.

I'd told Kailas and the rest of the rebellion heads everything I knew about Bay and the Con Rồng, how they started out, what part they played in the beginning of the war, and what his initial plan was upon the breakdown of most the country's governments. I told them everyming, and unfortunately, new that I was no longer with the Con Rồng, there wasn't much else I could do. I was no longer useful in terms of providing information, all I was at this point was Tobias' lover and husband.

My input wasn't necessary, so when Tobias was asked to provide his opinion on some important matter, when Kailas personally asked to speak with Tobias about something. I'd grown accustomed to taking a step back and giving them both privacy. It was none of my business, I had no real right to butt in and claim I should stay simply because I was so close to Tobias. If there was something I needed to know, then Tobias would just tell me later on. Otherwise, I kept my mouth shut and didn't complain about my lack of knowledge.

Though it wasn't incredibly common for Kailas or one of the other military leaders to pull Tobias away, it had happened enough times for me to develop a sort of routine for when the situation did come up. I still didn't exactly have friends there, or anyone to talk to, unless Sasha wasn't busy (harassing Arthur or stalking the settlement like a pouting racoon, basically searching for a reason to complain), so instead of just sitting in my room alone and waiting for my husband to return, I would make my way down to the library.

As many people as there were, sometimes I thought I would find people to talk to in that room, but more often than not, it was always empty when I stepped through the double doors. Maybe because the majority of the men and women were soldiers who didn't have "time" or energy to read books, as they were too busy training. Either way, I was normally always alone, taking my time skimming my eyes over the spines of the books sitting tucked away on the shelves that lined nearly every wall, occasionally taking a seat at the piano to play a few keys while waiting for Tobias.

Just killing time.

I'd gotten used to being alone in the library, so when I cracked open the door and slipped into to find Bryn of all people on the couch, I was a bit surprised. That surprise evolved into something akin to awe and shock when I crept closer and discovered he was actually asleep.

There was an open file on the coffee table in front of him, documents and papers written in German with few English phrases, as if he'd been busy studying something important or writing out a list of supplies. Looking closer I recognized a few things, like names, scribbled onto a smaller piece of paper. Adalwolf Meisner, Adalard Wilhelm, Hans Franke, Marlisa Thomas Reiner Derichs, and Anton Hirsch.