ONE-SHOT: Touch

Words: 5784

Couple: Bryn Keller/Logan Thompson

Notes: Part two of Rythmn of the Night, for Bryn and Logan, requested by Ezra_DeJesus because they wanted to see a bit more fluff, bit more background, and a bit more equality in the bedroom ohoho~ I hope you enjoy it! Comment and vote, definitely tell me what you think of this couple and if you're looking forward to seeing more of them, both in one-shots and in the third book!

Ratings/Warnings: 18+, erotic, contains graphic sexual content, mentions of assault, fluff

~@~@~@~

I wasn't one for emotions, and I never had been, not even when I was younger. I was always the quiet one at school, on the playground, and at home. I didn't have friends because my silence made me weird, so whenever I thought back, all I could remember was sitting alone on a swing set watching kids playing on the rest of the equipment during recess. Later on I remembered sitting alone on a bench under a tree, sitting alone in the cafeteria with a bag lunch and a book, near the trash cans, sitting alone in the school library, alone on the bleachers during sporting events.

Always alone, always in complete silence. That was why the transition had been so easy for me. I'd gone years without speaking, yet it didn't feel different, and remaining silent was never difficult for me, because it wasn't anything new. Even now I still remembered the last thing I ever said, six, seven years ago, to my brother.

I remember how he reached over to take my shoulder, squeezing it, saying simply, don't die on me. I remember looking him in the eye and saying, "I won't die."

That was the last conversation I had with another human. In the years since, I'd spoken on occasion, normally under my breath, more often than not they were curses or insults, but I never spoke to another person. Ironically enough it was Carina who taught me sign language when we first met, so I could hold conversations with him and the others. It was easy for them to accept, that I was "mute", they were nice like that. I didn't want to talk, because opening my mouth and talking made me feel empty, so I just didn't talk, and I used the scar on my throat as an excuse.

My silence made me a good assassin. I was trained to manipulate it, that silence, and make it my greatest ally. My entire existence was quiet, lethal, and my training with the Con Rồng only helped to hone those skills. I was brutal, a silent killer, I lived and thrived in complete darkness where the only sound was the blood screaming in my ears from the adrenaline rush of stabbing the blade of a knife through a man's throat.

I was trained to be hyper aware of everything around me, my senses dialed to eleven, so did I notice that I was being followed when I snuck out of the rebellion?

Yea, I noticed. I noticed instantly, but I decided not to make it obvious, out of pure curiosity. What moron would follow me through a window and proceed to stalk me like a freak? Bryn Keller, apparently. Then again, I kind of immediately figured he was an idiot. An intriguing idiot, but still an idiot.

When I first saw him, he didn't look like much. He wasn't eye catching really, rather simple looking, but it wasn't his appearance that made me curious. It was the way he acted, his body language, which was probably a lot louder than he realized. Around his Syndicate, he was always remarkably relaxed, shoulders in a simple slump, loose, calm, especially around Tobias.

Around anyone else, his posture became tight, wound, tense and anxious. I noticed it was even worse when someone he didn't know approached him first. His body would tighten and his eyes would grow darker, his gaze nothing but pure distrust and suspicion. If he was standing with Tobias or Carter, that gaze would be a warning, offensive, like he was watching for a reason to attack the newcomer, waiting for them to prove themselves a threat.