Underswap special 5

Start from the beginning

This was not going to go well if you didn't stop them. An innocent monster may be about to lose their life. You pushed yourself up and clapped your hands several times until the magic attacks took their attention away from the hiding monster. With a disapproving look, you beckoned them back over to you and without any sounds they did as such. Only they looked more like chastised children than deadly attacks. You lightly bop them on the nose to show that you weren't happy with their quick to attack attitudes. Though you did appreciate how they were quick to defend. It was sweet.

They hovered near you while eyeing the trash pile the monster had hidden behind uncertainly. The only reason you knew the monster were still there was because the magic attacks seemed to sense their presence. To be honest, if two giant dragon heads came after you... you probably would have ran and hid as well. However, the monster was only concerned so you waited for them to come back out.

After a few minutes of silence (you ended up petting the heads again.), a pink ghost slowly popped their head out from their hiding spot. One that you recognized from somewhere but couldn't put a name too. There weren't many ghost monsters who weren't corporeal so you were flummoxed that you couldn't think of that monster's name! Also... who was this ghost switched with? That seemed to be a running theme with this universe.

Keeping the skulls from going into attack mode again, you sent the ghost monster a patient smile while beckoning them over. Hoping you looked friendly enough to do so. The pink ghost looked unsure for a few more moments before slowly making their way out of their hiding place. It hovered above the water about halfway between you and the trash pile it had been hiding behind. "Um..... sorry.... if I startled you.... but are you okay? You've been here..... for a while...." It looked away from you as it spoke and you couldn't help the smile that spread across your face. The way that they acted reminded you of Napstablook. From the long pauses in their speech to the anxious way that they looked around the room... it was as though your ghostly friend had turned pink.

"I have been better. Thank you for asking though. Also these guys won't hurt you." The electronic voice from your phone spoke while you gave the two magical attacks a pointed glare. There was no way you were going to let them blast away a cute ghost monster just because they had showed you some concern.

"Ah... well... If you want... maybe you could come back to my place? I... I might have something that could help you there..." The pink ghost quickly looked away. "Tha-that is if you want to... you don't have to-"

"That sounds wonderful! My name is (y/n) by the way!" You were more than eager to get out of this damp dreary place. Despite the vertigo, you pushed yourself up into a standing position while your phone read the text you put into it. When you began to wobble on unsteady legs, one of the dragon heads was quick to push the back of your knees with it's snout so that you fell backwards onto it's forehead. It hovered in the air while you readjusted your sitting position. Riding on a dragon skull attack thing? Yes, please.

"I-I'm... I'm Happstablook... um... this way..." Quicker than you would have thought, the pink ghost made its way out of the room you were currently in and you had to urge the attacks to follow. Overall, it was a rather short trip. Just a couple of rooms and soon you were standing before two identical houses. One being blue and one being a bright pink with the tops looking as though they were sagging away from each other. You blinked.

You've seen these houses before.

"Over here..." the pink monster hovered right in front of the pink house and opened the door before turning back to you and your little magic attack posse. "You can come in... if you want..." Without much prompting, the attack you rode on followed and your eyes confirmed the thoughts that were already forming in your head.