"They should be glad it wasn't worse after what I saw. I wish I could have gotten Sam worse but Jeremy got a good punch in. Besides, they'll heal." Troy looked over at me and winked. I rolled my eyes but was secretly thrilled he stood up for me even if it was in secret. As soon as I had my seat belt buckled Troy laced our fingers together. "Ready?" I nodded and we headed toward his home. We had the windows down with the radio playing in the back ground, and for a moment we could just be us. No pressure's, no decisions, just him and I together. We rode in silence just enjoying each other's company.

After a little while I noticed we were nearing the edge of my packs territory, we were on the side that butted up against the ocean because I could see it glistening up ahead. Troy stopped as soon as we cross the territory line, at this point we were only about half a mile away from the cliffs that framed the ocean in this spot. I looked at him confused, I didn't see a house anywhere and there wasn't much land left before the cliff dropped off and the ocean started.

"Hold on tight little fish." Troy winked and headed straight for the cliff. I started to panic when it didn't look like he would be turning the truck in time. Was his truck part submarine?

"He knows we aren't part fish right?! We can't swim!! I mean we can, but not that good!" Nan was panicking in my head.

I released Troy's hand and reach for anything I could grab to hold on to, I knew we were going over that cliff. I tried my hardest not to panic but all I can think about is how I'm going to die by drowning.

At the last possible second Troy turned down a driveway that was hidden on the edge of the cliff. Once my heart stopped trying to break out of my chest I turned to glare at him, "Are you trying to give me a heart attack?!"

He threw his head back and laughed. "I'm sorry, but the look on your face was priceless."

I crossed my arms and pouted, I'll admit it was pretty funny of him but there's no way I'm going to admit it out loud. Troy reached over and squeezed my hand, "I'm sorry little fish, forgive me?" He gave me the saddest puppy dog face that I couldn't not forgive me. Stupid mate bond.

It was then that I noticed his house and my jaw dropped. House was a small word for the structure in front of me, it more like mansion! His house was built into the side of the cliff with nothing but windows facing the ocean. It was sleek and modern and absolutely gorgeous! He lived here? I suddenly felt like a country bumpkin, don't get me wrong our pack never had to worry about money but you didn't see that. We all live a simple lifestyle and do whatever we can to not draw attention to ourselves.

"It's a little much, I know." Troy said embarrassingly. "When you're the king, you need a palace. And if you think this place is nuts you should see the palace out there, now that one is ridiculously much." He gestured to the ocean, it would make sense that a King of the Ocean would have a home there to. I wondered if I would ever get to see it, or how I would see it being the better question. As we got out of the truck I had to tilt my head back just to see the top of the house, did I mention this place was huge? Now that we were closer I could see the nautical designs that were in the structure. Coral, starfish, seaweed, and anything else sea related you could imagine was carved into the foundation of the house. Where there wasn't a window, there were carvings. If I thought the outside was magnificent, I wasn't prepared for the inside. Gorgeous was the only word I could come up with as Troy opened the door for me. Shades of blues, greens, and creams decorated the house, and the floor! I'm not sure what it was but it looked like a smooth blue marble, reminding me of the ocean. I spun around the foyer mesmerized.

"I see our guest approves of my decorating skills." I stopped mid spin at the sound of a female voice. I looked over my shoulder to see one of the prettiest woman I have ever seen. She was dressed in a long flowy dress and her long blonde hair hung down to her waist. Her eyes are what caught my attention though, they were an exact match to Troy's.

"Mom, may I introduce you to Annie" Troy put his hand on my back and pushed me towards his mom, "My mate."

I looked wide eyed at Troy but then I remembered that his parents already knew about me. I also remember they were not thrilled about me.

"I'm pleased to make your acquaintance your Highness." I curtsied like I had seen in movies when people met royalty, I nailed it if I do say so myself.

"Oh, none of this your highness stuff! You may call me Sandra, after all you will be my daughter someday." She pulled me into a hug. I looked at Troy surprised, I was not expecting his parents to be so accepting. Troy also had a bit of a surprised look on his face which his mom saw.

"I know I wasn't as open to this when you first told us Troy, however, seeing as you are in fact Annie's mate I don't see the point in fighting with you on this. You two are going to have enough problems the way it is, you don't need to worry about your mother not approving." Sandra put her arm around the both of us as she walked us down the hallway. "So you have me in your corner, your father however...." She trailed off as we entered a room that I'm assuming by the large desk in the middle of the room was his father's office. My assumption was confirmed when the chair turned and I was met with a very unfriendly face.