Chapter 9 Vacation planning

LAMELO

I stood in the kitchen making two fruit smoothies and then I was heating up two breakfast bowls in the microwave for me and Kat. I planned on waking her up with breakfast and bed and finding out why she freaked out so badly about me knowing who this was. Kat never wanted to anyone to die, that's part of the reason she didn't trust me so for her to say she wished this guy was dead bothered me. I knew whatever happened wasn't good and it's been a while since I killed anyone so for his own good he better be dead. If I find out he hurt her I will not stop until I find this asshole. I pulled out the breakfast bowls pulling off the plastic and then powered the fruity smoothies into two glasses. I heard feet on the ground and I turned to see Kat wearing short high waist shorts, a white tight fitting laced up crop top. I bit my lip seeing it showed off her well toned abs that was covered in fading hickey's at the moment. She left her hair wavy like I liked it and then had on her usual makeup that she didn't need.

"You look beautiful but you ruined my surprise" I complained, she laughed sitting at the island.

"Aw a frozen breakfast dinner how sweet" She smirked making me laugh

"And a fruit smoothie. I do happen to know you love fruit" I said sliding her the glass. She looked at it tasting her eyes growing wide.

"This is amazing" She said shocked

"Duh I'm not feeding my baby trash" I smirked giving her a fork and she blushed playing with her food looking down

"Something wrong Kitten?" I asked her and she nodded

"I shouldn't have freaked out on you, I'm sorry. I feel like I say sorry to you a lot" She laughed and I shrugged

"You don't have to say sorry. I just don't understand why you freaked out" I said confused and she nodded

"I just never told anyone about Maverick it was a secret that I can't tell anyone" She told me looking down making me stiff at her words thought filling my head on what would have happened.

"Well I'm not just anyone. You know who I am that's like my biggest secret" I told her trying to encourage it.

"I'm not even sure if it's my secret to tell" She whispered and I grabbed her hand

"Well I'm good at keeping them" I whispered but she shook her head no. I stayed quiet not wanting to overwhelm her so I just started eating.

"I can't tell you ok. If he finds out he's going to hurt them and I can't let that happen" She stressed and I sat down my food going around the island spinning the stool grabbing her waist.

"He's going to hurt who?" I asked and she looked away like she was going to have a panic attack.

"My parents and if that happens then Ari has no one anymore, you claimed me, my brother is a gang member and she's only 15. I can't let her be on her own and then my parents, he'll release something he has on my dad that will make him go to jail for a long time and he said he'd do worst to my mom and then kill her. I just can't tell you or anyone else" She whispered looking down and I grabbed her face making her look at me.

"Kat you know me. Anyone important to you is important to me, your house is very well guarded, your parents are followed 24/7 and so is your sister no claims no one messing with them. Now tell me" I said calmly and comforting her.

"You promise me you won't let him get to my family" She asked grabbing my wrist

"I promise" I promised her and she bit her red lip.

"Maverick was my dad's boss when I was like 6. I loved when he came over he always brought me toys or snuck me candy. Well he was babysitting one night and instead of sneaking me candy he snuck into my room. He covered my mouth and told me if I screamed or told anyone he hurt my parents. It started with touches he'd touch me in way I didn't understand and then he'd make me touch him" She whispered and I let go of her backing away in anger