Chapter 5 Sibling comfort

KATHERINE

I woke up to the sun shining in the room making me groan and hid my face in my pillow but I felt it heave out a breath. I opened my eyes to see myself cuddling LaMelo, he was on his back one of his arm above his head and the other hanging off the bed while he snored loudly. I laid on top of him, my head laying on his chest while my chest pressed against his stomach and I hugged his waist. I couldn't help but look at him interested, he looked so beautiful asleep. There was no anger swirling in his eyes because I knew his middle name. I could think more clear now and I knew how claims worked, yesterday I was working on emotion today I couldn't do that. I got lucky most claims when they escape or try they're caught and beat half to death, I only got spanked. I had to survive this, maybe even change his mind about me being his claim.

I bit my lip taking in his soft facial features, it was calming to see this side of him. I tried to ignore the fact he was a killer and I was laying on him while he only wore basketball shorts. I ran my finger down his jawline accidentally waking him up.

"Good morning Kitten" He yawned wrapping his arms around me.

"How'd you know my childhood nickname?" I asked him quietly

"Well you go by Kat and your just innocent and playful so is a baby so Kitten" He shrugged and I nodded going to get up but his arms tightened around me.

"No just lay with me for a little bit" He whispered but I didn't want to.

"Are you going to kill me?" I asked quietly. I knew claims were well protected but he's murdered more people then I can count.

"Is that was you really think of me? That I'm just a murder?" he asked and I looked away laying my head on his chest quietly.

"No Kat, I'm not going to kill you. I care about you a lot and I know I'm going to fall in love with you if you just let me. You can't lie there is something here" He whispered and I didn't want to admit it but there was. I felt even though I was trembling in fear over him.

"Maybe but you lied to me. I thought you were Melo Andrews not LaMelo Ball the serial killer" I said looking up at him

"I only lied about my last name. People call me Melo, I thought you would have known that. Then I just didn't mention somethings but if I told you would you have hung out with me, invited me to that party, find reasons to be with me?" He asked and I sighed looking away

"No. Are you mad about the stuff I was doing for school?" I asked him quietly

"At first but then you said you weren't going to the police and then I wasn't. I worried about you digging around but you told me something I didn't even know. You were right I didn't kill those two" He told me and I gasped sitting up but I was just straddling his leg sitting on it easily.

"So I was right? Man I'm going to be the best FBI agent" I smirked flipping my hair

"Your not going to be that. I can't have you turning me in now Kitten" He smirked and I looked at him

"So no more school?" I asked and he shook his head no

"Not right now maybe when I can trust you more. Right now I just can't trust you enough to go to school and then we'll find you another major" He said and I bit my lip nodding

"Come on lets go out for breakfast, go take a shower and get dressed" He said patting my leg and I got off of him. I grabbed my clothes and backpack going into the bathroom turning on the shower closing the door. I got in the shower trying to wash away my stress and reminded myself of everything I knew about claims.

*
*
*

There was a knock at the bathroom door making me sigh

"What LaMelo?" I called