Chapter 3 Party

KATHERINE

"So is dream boy going to be there?" Lindsey asked as I put on the wig gluing it down. We were getting ready for the party but I realized I didn't have Melo's number so I had no idea how I was going to find him. He's been showing up at the record store or school and he always came with a flower, a stuffed animal, or candy for me. It was the sweetest thing to see he was putting in so much effort when he didn't have too.

"Yes, he helped me pick this out" I said spinning showing them my costume

"So is he going as a god?" Dena asked me and I shook my head no

"No he said he wasn't dressing up" I shrugged putting on the headband turning to look at them. Lindsey was a sexy Alien and Dena was a sexy nurse. When we weren't dressed in costumes Lindsey was the prettiest out of us in my opinion. She had long orange hair she kept curled and flowed passed her shoulder blades, fair skin, bright green eyes, plump pink lips, a sharp jawline, an hourglass figure, she was about 5'5 because we were the same height. Honestly if I was gay that would be my girlfriend. Dena had waist long brown hair, fair skin, dark brown eyes, plump lips, a sharp jawline, and she technically has an hourglass figure but you can't tell unless you take body measurements and she was 5'5.

"Wait he's going to a costume party as him?" Lindsey asked and I nodded

"I don't mind. You guys are really going to like him, he's the sweetest person and he's so charming" I sighed spinning around thinking about all the traits I liked about him. My friends burst into laughter looking at me.

"Sounds like he should go as a wizard because he has you under his spell" Dena said waving around my staff as if it was a wand making me laugh.

"If he's so great call him and tell him to bring a friend for me" Lindsey said and I bit my lip

"I don't have his number" I said awkwardly their eyes growing wide.

"Wait you guys have been all over each other shoving your tongues down each others throat and you don't have his phone number?" Lindsey asked and when she put it like that it sounded silly but getting his number never comes to mind when I'm with him. Honestly when I'm around him I forget I have a phone because I become so engulfed in him.

"Like you guys dry humped each other in his car and no number" Dena said making my cheeks burn with a blush. Melo was right doing something in the car was dangerous because people would see.

"Shut up you weren't suppose to see that" I said making them laugh and I looked at my phone seeing the time. I adjusted myself watching Lindsey finish up her makeup as silence filled the room.

"When I told you to shut up I just meant change the subject" I shot at my friends and they laughed at me.

"You have to drink tonight. You never just let loose" Dena said but I rolled my eyes

"No it's gross why would I kill my liver?" I asked them and they sighed

"Your drinking just wait come on" Lindsey smirked but I was not drinking. I liked my body and life so putting that shit in my body was never the plan. We walked out and got in Lindsey's Honda and she turned on music. We sang a long loudly to the music dancing around in the car yelling jokes laughing loudly until we got to the party.

"Ok Kat's getting drunk tonight so who's the sober driver" Dena said and I groaned

"No I'm not. I'll drive" I said going to take the keys but Lindsey snatched them

"I'll be sober" She said and they got out making me groan. I got out grabbing my staff looking around for Melo's car.

"Do you guys see a black Lamborghini?" I asked making them look around. I stood on my tippy toes not seeing his car sadness filling me.