Chapter sixty three NICU plus ICU

Springing into action he began pumping her chest, the stop for a second as one of the doctors shocks her. They then began working relentlessly to save her until one of the doctors suggest that they call her time of death but Ty wasn't having any of it and continues to pump her chest. "Please God don't take her from me." He cried. "Please God don't."

"We're so sorry doctor Jackson but we need to call it." One of them whispers with a hand on his shoulder. "Don't. Touch. Me." He said in a cold tone. "She's my wife, the mother of my children, my soul mate, my everything, I'll never give up on her, not now, not after all we've been through." He said still pumping her chest.

"Come on kitten breathe, please breathe, not my will Lord but yours. You're a righteous God, save her, please save her Lord. I'm so weak Lord but you're strong. May your will be done Lord." He kept repeating the phrases as tears run down his cheeks and his hands kept at her chest.

"Please shock her again." He said to the doctors who were now looking at him as if he had lost his mind. "Now please!" He shouts. They glance at each other, to them it was a futile attempt but to him it was a desperate attempt to save her life.

One of them grabs the machine and even though in his mind he didn't think it would work he turns up the voltage and shock her again. A few minutes later her heart began beating again and once more they freeze in wide eye disbelief, then spring into action as the fight to stabilize her resume. "Th...Thank you Lord." He said breathing out a heavy breath he didn't realize he was holding.

"What's the update?" Mr. Jackson asks coming to a halt in the waiting room. "We haven't heard anything since we got here." Fabian said. "They delivered his son, he's the NICU, Janice however is still in a very critical condition." Jason said out of breath from the door way.

"How is Ty?" Mrs. Melissa asks in a worried tone. "Considering the state his wife is in, not good." Jason said running his hand over his face. "I'm going to see him." His dad said. "Dad, take these to him, we were playing water war when she began feeling pain, and he didn't get a chance to change." Fabian explains.

Mr. Jackson took the clothes and run from the room. "You know for a fragile little dude, he's pretty fast on his feet." Brian said with a snort. "That's what makes him such a good doctor." Anna adds. "That and the fact that he has the brain of a computer." Caleb said. "Still don't know how he managed to retrieve that number I erased." Caleb adds.

"Dude is a damn nerd, need I say more." Kevin said shaking his head at them.

"Mr. Jackson saw a young doctor walking down the passage and walk up to him. "Hi I'm looking for Dr. Tyler Jackson, I'm his dad." He said. "Oh hi your son is in the I C U with his wife." The young doctor informed him. "Thank you." Mr. Jackson then began walking towards the I C U. "Sorry sir but you won't be able to go in there." The young doctor said coming to a stop beside him.

"I don't care if I have to wear a quarantine suit; I need to see my son, now." He said in a tone that says don't argue with me. The young doctor seems to get the drift and sigh in defeat. "Okay sir, come with me." He said taking him into another room.

A few minutes later he enters the I C U and saw Ty sitting next to Janice. His son looks lost, tired, and still, very still as if he wasn't even breathing. "Son." He whispers kneeling next to him. Ty turns, looks at him and without saying anything wraps his arms around his dad's shoulders. "How is she?' His dad whispers.

"She flat line dad, I thought I had lost her dad, I can't lose her dad." "Shhh it's alright you won't, the worst is over, how's she now?" "She's in a coma dad." "Well you have been in a coma a few times and you came out of it and so will she." He said hugging his son. "Now your clothes is still wet, I'm going to need you to change into these okay, can't have you getting sick too." His father said softly.

"I can't leave her dad, what if I leave and something happens, no I can't, not again, I won't." He said in a final tone. "Okay have you seen your son yet?" "Only for a short while before they took him away." He said sadly.

"Alright listen to me, you need to go change, visit your son and eat something, then you can come back and spend the rest of the night here." His dad said. "I can't dad...I just ca..." "Hey." His dad said cutting him off. "The Lord has got this, she will be fine, trust me, come on you need to get out of these clothes." His dad said getting up and helping him up off the chair.

"Don't worry son, she will be fine." He said softly as Ty still refuse to move but then after a while he walks slowly from the room with his dad's arms around him.

*****

Over the three weeks that follows a lot of his family flew in from overseas to show their support for him and his wife who was still in a coma and his son who was getting stronger by the day. He would have loved to stay by his wife's side every minute of every day but he couldn't abandon his job and all the other people out there that was depending on him.

Both his grandmas would stay with her during the day while he works and as his shift change, during the nights, of course rotating places with his mom, aunts and cousins so they could also be there for his son. He had a loving and very supportive family and he loves them dearly.

She was also visited by his pastor and church family and even though Mrs. Watson was Kayla's mom, she was also allowed to visit from time to time which gives him a chance to spend some time with Tyrone. The more time he spend with the child, the more he was convinced that he looks like the man that was in his apartment with Kayla that night, the one who said he was paying rent for his apartment.

Now Jessica ,Jason and his brothers made it their duty to keep a close eye on him, making sure he eats, exercise and got enough sleep so he didn't ware himself out, which he would do without even realizing it because he was so worried about his wife and son.

*****

Just like he had done on the nights that he wasn't working he spends some time with his parents and Faith. Which was what he had been doing for the past half an hour, he had then said goodbye to them, hugs his daughter as tight as he could and now he was alone beside his sleeping wife.

"Come on kitten, I need you to open your beautiful brown eyes for me. Hey our son is getting stronger; he was born at seven months and two weeks and he's three weeks old today. He will have to stay here for a few more weeks until he develops more but overall he's going to be fine and the doctor said that if he continues on the path that he's on right now, he will be able to be bottle fed soon. We need you kitten, Faith miss you so much." He said softly as he massages her fingers.

"Hey remember our song?" He then began singing (Because you loved me by Celine Dion). "Kitten you were my strength when I was weak, you were my voice when I couldn't speak, you were my eyes when I couldn't see you saw the best there was in me, lifted me up when I couldn't reach, you gave me faith coz you believed, I'm everything I am because you loved me kitten and you told me you were everything you are because I loved you, so please open your eyes for me kitten please."

"Kitten you're the one that massages and kissed every inch of me while I tell you about my day or night. The one that sends chills through my entire body with your touch. The only one that has ever completely open herself to me, complete trust is what you've shown me kitten and I promise I'll never make you regret doing that, I love you kitten." He said placing his head next to her and crying himself to sleep.

Thank you all for reading

Food for thought

God gives Grace

Just when we need it