Chapter four Respect

Meet Martin

I didn't intend to but I end up buying enough cleaning products and food to last us a month, three hours later we return home and Miss Alice help me to pack the things away, and since she was already there she offered to cook dinner. When she was finish I call her a taxi; I then gave her the money she didn't get before and extra for staying and helping me and for agreeing to continue working for me.

Kayla came home at seven pm as I was getting ready for work. "Hi baby." She greeted me sweetly with a kiss on my cheek. "Where were you?" I demand narrowing my eyes at her. "I..I told you I had some things to take care of." "And what exactly did you have to take care of and why the hell did it take the whole day?" I asks angrily folding my arms across my chest. "You know, women stuff, it has to do with the wedding, you wouldn't understand." "I can never get a straight answer from you can I Kayla? You say it has to do with the wedding but still you tell me I wouldn't understand; well, try me," I said in a challenging tone.

"Please Ty, I really don't want to get into it right now." She whines. "Of course you don't. So, how're you feeling?" "I'm fine and the baby is fine, so if you're finish interrogating me can we change the subject. I need to take a shower."

Oh yes which reminds me. I thought and hold up my hand to stop her as she was about to pass me. "Speaking of changing the subject, Miss Alice came to see me today, she told me that you've been rude and insulting to her and that it has been going on for quite some time, she almost quit her job today because of you." I said as she snorts and continue waking towards the bathroom.

"Almost quit? Trust me Ty she wasn't going to quit, she just wanted attention." She said and attempt to close the bathroom door but I stop it with my hands and push it back open and step inside the bathroom with her and after taking a few deep breaths I look her in the face and said as calm as I could manage.

"Kayla. Ramishka. Watson. As much as I love you I need you to listen to what I'm about to say to you. Now we all know that you can't wash, cooks or clean to save your life and despite all your faults I still love you with all my heart." "I know you do." She said smiling to herself. "Alright then, now the reason I got Miss Alice is so she can do all the things you fall short on and she's damn good at what she does so I expect you to treat her with respect, got that? I ask in a very firm tone.

She made a funny face at me and step into the shower and turn on the pipe. "Listen Kayla if you can't speak to her with the respect she deserve then for the love of God do not speak to her at all, am I making myself clear?" She stuck her head out the shower and raise her brow while biting her lips, she then pull it back in and continue her shower; after a few minutes of not saying anything she turn off the pipe and step out wrapping a towel around her.

"I hear what you're saying Ty but...." "But nothing." I snap angrily because I feel that she wasn't taking me seriously. "It's either you talk to her with respect or you avoid her completely, better yet maybe you should leave the house when she's here, that way you won't have to speak to her at all and the next time you see her you damn well better apologize to her for how you treated her."

"Apologize you can't be serious." She said with another snort. "I'm dead serious Kayla because we can't afford to lose her and how could you not pay the woman? For god sake Kay the woman is old enough to be your mother; this nonsense of yours ends now got that." I said clenching my fists.

"And another thing as busy as you are doing God knows what, don't make any plans for Sunday because my parents have invited us to dinner and I would rather not explain to them why you couldn't make it." Taking up my bag I head towards the door. "I love you and I'll see you in the morning." I said without looking at her.