chapter twenty six happy birthday

Martin was in the kitchen having breakfast when his wife walk in. "Hi sweetheart." He greeted her with a smile. "Hi honey." "Is everything alright? You look upset." He said observing her frown. "I'm upset Martin, because we're Christians now and I'm really considering dropping Kayla as my friend. I can't tolerate her behavior anymore."

"What happened; did you two have another quarrel?" He asks putting the dishes in the sink. "Why waste my breath, every time I see that girl she's with a different man and still she is asking me to talk to Tyler for her, why should I? She's obviously isn't going to be faithful to him. She'll never change." Susan said pouring a glass of juice. "She is almost four months pregnant, sleeping with all those men could hurt the child; seriously what is she thinking?"

"She's two weeks away from that mark but you're right, she could still cause the fetus harm but in all honesty I think she's acting out because of what Tyler did to her." Susan closed her eyes and took a deep breath. "Alright we both know that what Tyler did was wrong but for crying out loud, how long is she going to used that as an excuse to act like an animal in heat?" Susan asks with disgust.

"Come on sweetheart that comments isn't fair, Tyler has already abandoned her and as much as she doesn't appreciate it, we're all she has left." He said taking her hands and leading her from the kitchen.

"We're the only people apart from her mom whom she hates for some reason who really and truly care about her. The men she's now running around with doesn't and Tyler clearly doesn't anymore so how can we honestly walk away from her now and still call ourselves Christians?" He asks heading into the bathroom.

A few minutes later he came back out and taking up his jacket put it on then took up his bag. "You can hold off on the talking to Ty bit but just be a little more patient with Kayla okay, she'll come around, now I've to leave for work, I love you." 'I love you too baby." She said kissing him passionately.

I was almost to my vehicle Friday morning when I saw Kayla leaning against it, my heart ache with how much I miss her, how disappointed and angry I was at her and most of all how much I still love her, yeah as much pain as I was in because of what she did to me, a part of me still love her.

She was a vision of beauty; her hair flowed over her shoulders in dark luscious waves, her skin glowed radiantly in the morning sun, she still had her amazing curves even though her stomach had gotten a little bigger since the last time I saw her. She was twisting her hands nervously as she watched me walk towards her.

I stops in front of her but said nothing. "Please don't be angry at me for coming, it's just that I really miss you and I just wanted to see you." She said without looking at me. I wanted so much to be angry at her but for some reason I just couldn't find the energy.

"Did you get any of my messages?" She asked with her head down. "I got all of them, how are you feeling?" I asks looking at her stomach. "We're okay." She answered massaging her stomach. "He's growing." She said taking my hand and putting it on her belly.

"He?" I ask, raising my brow. "Yes, can't you tell, it's a boy." She said placing her hand over mine. "Can you feel him moving?" She asks. "I think it's a little too early for that. Have you had breakfast?" I asks moving my hand over her belly. "No, not yet." "Would you like to join me?" "I would love to." She replied with a very bright smile. "Okay then gets in your car and follows me."

I was on my way back to my car when my phone rang; I checked it but didn't recognize the number. "Hello." "Hi Tyler it's Susan." "What can I do for you Susan?" "Um.... Kayla had asks me to talk to you but before I do, I think there's something you need to know..." "No need." I snap cutting her off. "We just had breakfast and she's on her way home but I can understand why you feel obligated to plead her case seeing as though you were the one that encouraged her to cheat on me." I said coldly into the phone.