Chapter eight ultimate betrayal

It was Thursday evening and I had just sign off work, I was in the locker room getting ready to leave when Jessica and Jason came in. "Hey T.J still smiling I see." Jason comment as I turn to them with a big grin on my face. "Hi guys what's up?"

"Oh nothing much; just standing here watching our best friend get duped by his fiancée." Jason said with an annoyed look on his face. "What are you talking about?" I ask checking the latest text from Kayla with a wide grin.

"Oh come on T.J, don't you think that it's kind of strange that as soon as you decided to postpone the wedding Kayla became the fiancée of the year?" Jessica asks. "Kayla's decision to change has nothing to do with the fact that I was thinking about postponing the wedding because she had no idea I was even thinking about that." "Are you sure about that?" Jason asks.

"Yes I'm sure; the only people who knew what I was thinking are the two of you and my dad and I know for a fact that none of you said anything to anyone, right?" I ask narrowing my eyes at them. "Of course not." Jason said in a defensive tone.

"Good, then Kayla made the decision to change on her own and I for one couldn't be happier." "Well I don't buy it." Jason stated flatly with his fist rolled tightly and jaw clenched, I on the other hand was trying my best to control my temper.

"You know what Jase, you don't have to buy anything, Kayla is my fiancée, not yours, I'm the one marring her; not you, I'm happy that she decided to change, you on the other hand don't have to be." I said through clenched teeth but Jessica stops me before I could continue.

"Okay guys wait a minute, now Jason and I love you and we only want you to be happy, so if you really think that her decision to change is genuine then we wish you all the best." Jessie said calmly.

I moan tiredly and run my hands over my face. "I know you guys are acting out of concern but just ease up on her okay, she's not perfect but she's trying, just give her a chance please, for me." I plead. Jason was about to say something else but Jessica stopped him by squeezing his hand. "Don't worry T.J we will, for you." She said. "Thanks guys, see you tomorrow."

Jason waited until Tyler had left the room before turning to Jessica. "Why did you stop me Jessie, you know as well as I do that something just isn't right about all this, Kayla has been acting like a bitch for years now and all of a sudden she changes, you don't think there's something fishy about that?" "That's just it, I don't think, I know there's something fishy going on but we've to be careful what we say about her when T.J is around."

" I know that Jessie; but still, he needs to know the truth, this girl is playing mind games with him and its very hard for me to watch her do that to him."

"I hear you but you know that saying that love is blind, well T.J is a walking bat in daylight right now and if we're not careful we could lose his friendship, she has already manage to come between him and Martin and I won't let her do that to us as well." "Okay, then what do you suggest we do?" Jason asks in frustration.

"Well unfortunately there's not much we can do, we just have to let him know that we're here for him and that we support him." She said patting his shoulder.

"Great, it's like watching your friend walking towards the edge of a cliff and not been able to save him." Jessica hugs him and pats his back again. "I know how you feel but this one is out of our hands, now come on lets go home."

It was Saturday evening and I had just gotten off my cell. My brothers and cousins had just invited me to see a movie with them, I had agree because with their busy schedules I hardly got to spend any time with them and I really miss hanging out with them but on the other hand I really wasn't looking forward to telling Kayla. She always make a big fuss whenever I went out with them or anyone for that matter, and things were going so great I didn't want to do or say anything to mess it up.

Taking a deep breath I ran my fingers through my hair and ran up the stairs. Kayla was laying on the bed in a little white dress watching television. Biting my lips I walk over and sat beside her and ran my hand over her butt, silently bracing myself for her reaction.

"Um... baby, I'm going to say something to you but please don't get upset alright." I plead. "What is it?" She asks massaging my thigh. "My brothers and cousins have invited me to go see a movie with them tonight." I said softly waiting for the angry words I knew was coming.

But again she surprised me. "And?" She asks calmly. "I-I was afraid of telling you because we always have an argument whenever I'm to go out with them or anyone and things have been so great between us I didn't want to be the one to spoil it." I said softly.

"My days of arguing with you are over baby." She whispered nibbling my ear. "So go and have a good time, just know that I love you." "Wait, what? Hold on a second, who are you and what have you done with Kayla?" I ask arching my brows. "Baby stop, I told you I was trying to change, you do want me to change don't you?" She ask with a pout. "Of course I do sweetheart." "Good, now go get ready." "So...um, can I have a little quickie before I go?" "Oh alright." She said laughing.

An hour later I left the house, I had just drive away from my gate when Fabian called me. "Hey man, where are you?" "Just leaving." "Alright we're on our way to the theater." "I'll meet you guys there in about twenty minutes."

"Okay see you then." On my way I stop to get some gas, I was looking for my wallet when my phone rang, it was Kayla. "Hi baby, miss me already?" I ask with a sexy chuckle. "Yes I do, are you at the theater yet?" "Almost, why?" "I just wanted to make sure you were alright." "I'm fine, so stop worrying; it's bad for our baby."

"Okay, see you later, I love you." "I love you too baby." After ending the call I went back to searching for my wallet, I found one of my credit cards in my pocket but no wallet."

I used the card to pay for the gas, I then parked my car at the corner of the gas station and continued searching but after a few minutes I knew for a fact that I didn't have it, taking the phone from my shirt pocket I called Fabian. "Hey you're there already?" Fabian asks. "Nope not yet, I'm going to be a little later than I planned." "Why? What's wrong?" He asks.

"I left my wallet at home." "Oh come on, we can take care of you for the night." "Thanks but I don't go anywhere without my wallet, both my license are in there." "Why do I get the feeling you're looking for an excuse to go back home." He said sounding disappointed. "It's not an excuse, I'll be there soon, just go on in, I'll meet you in there, just text me the number of the theater that you'll be in." "Alright, whatever you say man."

A few minutes later I came to a stop at the gate and saw that there was a vehicle parked there blocking the gate, it didn't belong to anyone I know but then again how many of Kayla's friends did I actually know.

Except for Susan and a girl name Trisha whom I only met once. Sad right, yeah I know. I entered the house and heard rap music playing upstairs, I then realize I had left my wallet on the center table, picking it up I put it in my pocket and was about to leave again but curiosity led me to climb the stairs.

As I got closer to our room I could hear porn playing on the television, why would she be watching porn, and with whom? I wondered. I enter our bedroom and stop dead in my tracks.

I could not believe what I was seeing, I closed my eyes as tight as I could and opened them again but it wasn't my imagination, my fiancée, my beautiful fiancée was in our bed with another man doing what she swore she would only do to me. There was a man in my bed with the woman I love, Minutes after I left our house.

Thank you all for reading

Please vote-comment-share

Lots of love to you all

Food for thought

To see yourself as you really are,

Look into the mirror of God's word.