Trapped - Damon

Plot request by MarthaBelin 💕

-

I don't even know how I ended up here. It was all a surprise for me, really, but I guess I should have seen it coming. Here I was trapped in the storage room of the Mystic Grill, sitting by the door and praying that someone would hear my desperate pleas and knocking. After some time, I began to wander around, searching through the extra food and supplies in the room. Not long after, a large pounding on the door caused me to jolt upright from where I was crouching looking at the plates on the bottom shelf of one of the shelves. Hoping it was someone coming to save me, I quickly walked towards it, stopping in my tracks the moment the person who locked me in this room entered. Ray, my co-worker, who now I'm pretty sure is insane, came in with an aggressive look on his face. Without much warning, he grabbed ahold of a nearby box and threw it in my direction, causing me to let out a cry in shock. I attempted to scamper away from the flying box before it hit me, and I nearly succeeded before everything in the box fell out and fell like rain on top of me. I winced in pain as several pieces of silverware stabbed my body as they fell with a clatter to the floor. As I made eye contact with Ray, he sent me a dagger-like glare.

"You've been a naughty girl, Suzy." He commented in a taunting tone, making a small tutting sound. "Trying to call the cops on me? Shame on you."

I didn't respond, afraid that he would try and hurt me again.

"I'll be back in an hour. You better be sitting here waiting patiently. If you're not, there are going to be some real consequences."

As he left the room, locking the door behind him, I sat back down on the floor with a sigh. A hour before we had opened, I had caught Ray in the back alleyway of the Mystic Grill clearly going through with a drug deal. The man who he had been conspiring with clearly didn't have the amount of money that Ray had asked for, and as a result, Ray shot him in the head. In a moment of shock and panic, I ran inside to call the cops, not realizing that Ray had heard me with his acute hearing. The second I pressed the first number of the phone, he had it out my hands and thrown across the room before shoving me against the wall with a threatening growl. As I stood shaking in fear, it was then that I realized Ray was a vampire. The way he had heard me and the speed he had gotten to me with was inhuman.

Now as I sat shivering as the storage room became colder, I thought back to how aggressive he had seemed in the past. It should have added up. All of those times when he had broken glasses and plates out of anger, the way he would quickly leave the room anytime he was upset, and how adamant he was about how worthless people were. I should have seen the signs. Sighing and trying to calm myself down, I tried everything I could to come up with an escape plan. There was no way I was getting out of here without help. Quietly, I began looking around for something that could help, and thankfully, there was a small phone in the very back of the storage room. Knowing I only had one chance to receive the help I needed before Ray showed back up, I dialed the one person I knew could take down a vampire without much effort. As the phone rang, my heart beat erratically until, finally, someone picked up.