First Impressions - Klaus

Requested by Mckenzie_Mikaelson 💕

-

I had known Kol Mikaelson for about a year before I met his family. The two of us had become friends while he was on, what he claimed to be a "spiritual journey to find himself" or some bullshit like that. I, of course, was a senior in college, studying to be an elementary school teacher, when one day, a handsome, cocky original vampire had showed up to help me when I had greatly embarrassed myself in the middle of campus. After spilling the entire contents of my backpack on the ground in front of one of the university buildings, Kol was the only decent person nice enough to help me out. After he did so, he bought me lunch and the two of us had been inseparable friends ever since. Now, I know you all are wondering if Kol and I had any potential of becoming a couple, and my answer is no way. Kol and I were more like brother and sister than girlfriend and boyfriend. We were close enough to be siblings, which brings me to my current state of dilemma.

This weekend, Kol and I had scheduled a trip down to New Orleans. It was my spring break from college and he had desperately wanted to show me his home and have me meet his family. Now, New Orleans I was excited to see and explore, but meeting the Mikaelson clan made me a bit uneasy. Kol ensured me that Rebekah and Freya would love me instantly, and that Elijah was a kind soul who would make me feel nothing but welcome. However, the person I was most uncomfortable about meeting was Klaus. The so called "original hybrid" that everyone feared and that Kol loathed. After hearing endless stories about him, I was definitely sure I wouldn't like meeting him. I hated guys who were cocky and smart, Kol being an exception, and having to spend a week in a house with some man who thought he was the coolest being around was enough to drive me crazy.

I was currently seated at the Mikaelson dining room table in between Kol and Rebekah, and across from, who other, than Klaus himself. Meeting Kol's sibling was much easier than I thought. I had grown to like Rebekah, Freya, and Elijah, but Klaus has gotten under my skin the moment I walked into that house. Now as we sat at the table, he continued to make subtle jabs just to stir a reaction from me.

"So, McKenzie," Elijah smiled warmly from where he sat beside Klaus. "Kol tells me you're studying to become a teacher."

"I am." I nodded.

"What year are you looking at?"

"I was hoping kindergarten, but anything between that and third grade is the target for me."

"I love the little ones." Rebekah exclaimed. "Those are the most exciting years of a child's life in my opinion."

"Not if your father has a vendetta against you and decides to make your life a living hell." Klaus muttered, causing everyone at the table to glare in his direction.

"Oh?" I challenged him, not lifting my eyes from my plate. "Then you clearly must have done something to piss him off."

"Excuse me?" Klaus scoffed. "What are you insinuating, love?"