Always & Forever - Elijah

*spoilers from The Originals season four finale below*

-

Ayla stood in the living room of the Mikaelson compound, her eyes trained on her husband. He stood with his gaze cast upon the ground, his hands tucked inside the pockets of his dress pants.

"Elijah, Vincent told Hayley and I what happened when we returned this morning." Ayla spoke softly, waiting for a reaction but receiving none. "When were you planning on telling me that one fourth of the Hollow is going to be placed inside of you?"

"I don't know." Elijah admitted, still refusing to look at his wife. "I'm still trying to wrap my head around it myself."

"You know you don't have to be afraid to talk to me, 'Lijah. I'm here for you, always and forever."

"I don't know how much longer that vow will stand." He sighed, finally meeting her gaze.

Ayla crossed the room, standing directly in front of her husband and placing a reassuring hand on his cheek.

"Elijah Mikaelson, I know that the world feels like it's falling apart right now. I know that it's practically killing you to make a decision that will rip your family apart forever, but you're not alone. I love you, and when you are subject to stay far away from your siblings, I will be right by your side the entire time. I will help you through this. I promise."

Elijah let out an almost inaudible sound, but Ayla caught it. It was the sound of distress. She pulled her husband into a hug, placing a sweet kiss on his cheek.

"I love you, Elijah. Always and forever."

-

It was done.

Ayla stood frozen in her spot, just like the four Mikaelsons who now stood staring at one another. She saw them each exchange weary glances, each one seeming to doubt whether the spell was actually successful. Finally, Rebekah broke the silence.

"I can hear whispering."

"You guys need to go." Vincent cut her off, worriedly glancing at Klaus before looking back down at Hayley where she clutched Hope in her arms. "Now!"

In seconds, Kol disappeared from the compound, Rebekah following soon after. Ayla felt tears form in her eyes as she watched Rebekah leave, knowing she would probably never see her sister in law again. As she glanced back at Freya, who she had said goodbye to minutes before, Ayla felt her heart become heavy. The reality of the situation was setting in. She was feeling the heartbreak that Elijah had. She was losing her family too.

Vincent cast Elijah a worried glance, before giving Ayla the same. Snapping out of her saddened state, she stepped forward, taking ahold of her husband's arm.

"Elijah, we need to go."

Elijah didn't move, his gaze was locked on Klaus'. His younger brother looked at him with tears in his eyes. Ayla felt her heart breaking.

"Elijah, please. The longer we stay, the harder it will be to leave." Ayla begged, tugging gently on his arm.

Hayley looked back over her shoulder and gave Ayla a half smile. Ayla let out a deep breath, returning one to Hayley before taking a last glance at her little niece.

"I love you both." Ayla spoke directly to Klaus and Hayley. "You made me feel like part of the family. I will never forget how much I loved being a Mikaelson."

"We love you too, Ayla." Klaus spoke softly. "Take care of my brother."

"She will." Elijah finally spoke, lacing his fingers with Ayla's. "Goodbye, brother."

And then they were gone.

-

Ayla and Elijah stood on the top of a grassy hill overlooking the city of New Orleans, the stars twinkling brightly in the sky.

"Where should we go?" Ayla wondered aloud. "I guess we have time to go on that honeymoon we never had."

"Mmm... yes." Elijah agreed. "I've heard France is quite lovely."

"You know me so well." Ayla laughed, appreciating that he knew her one wish was to go to Paris.

"I do." Elijah smiled, kissing the side of her neck. "And I'm glad you're here with me."

"I will never leave you." Ayla whispered, turning in his arms and kissing him flat on the mouth. "I am yours, always and forever."

"Always in forever, indeed."

-

I hope you all enjoyed! Don't forget to follow my Instagram (@ivoryconfessions) to see new promos for all of my books and find out about the next chapters before they're posted! Love you all!
xx lavender baby 💋