From The Past - Elijah

Elijah, Klaus, and Hayley walked down the streets of New Orleans, their eyes peeled for Davina. Marcel and the young witch had gotten into another fight and after throwing a child-like temper tantrum, she ran off and Marcel has everyone out looking for her. Elijah and Hayley had willingly agreed, given that Marcel had shown mostly kindness for the time being, however, Niklaus believed the task to be a waste of time.

"Brother, I don't understand why we have to look for the bloody witch. Marcel is the one who upset her. I could be at home finishing my painting at this very moment-"

"Put a sock in it, Klaus." Hayley growled, her eyes scanning the streets for Davina. "We're doing a favor for Marcel. It's nothing he hasn't done for you before."

"He's expected to do me favors. We're family and I am in charge of this city."

"Niklaus, now is not the time to be arguing. This quicker we find Davina, the sooner you can get home to finish your painting endeavors." Elijah hummed, turning left into a small spell shop that was owned by one of the French Quarter witches.

"Elijah, where are you going?" Klaus groaned.

"Davina is a witch, therefore there could be a fifty fifty shot that she'll be in a witch's shop." Elijah stated, not even glancing back at his younger brother.

Hayley chuckled, following Elijah into the store as Klaus reluctantly entered a few moments after. The store was quiet, give or take a few tourists looking through what they thought were fake spellbooks from the bookshelves. The original's eyes scanned over the store, taking in every person as the two hybrids focused on the objects in the room. Without saying a word, the three split up, walking around the store casually glancing at the people and shelves, looking for any sign of Davina's presence being there. As Hayley and Klaus wandered towards the tourists and their fascination with the witchy objects, Elijah headed towards the back of the store where only one woman remained leaning against the window, her eyes trained on a small book in her hand. The original got closer, his curiosity spiking. The young woman looked familiar, but he don't know why. Maybe it was the way she stood, poised and proper, or maybe it was the familiar smell of lavender and vanilla that clung to the air around her. Elijah's head cocked as he got closer, and soon, the familiarity began to drive him crazy.

Who was this girl?

As he took another step closer, she let out a soft chuckle.

"You know, not many people can sneak up on me." She spoke without turning around.

Elijah's face drained of color. That voice. He knew that voice. He's known that voice for a thousand years.

"Aviana."

The moment her name left his lips, she froze, her petite form stiffening and the book falling limp in her hands. Her eyes were trained on the window before her, her body unmoving for several moments. Then, with one quick movement, she turned her head to face him. Her brown eyes met his, and the electric spark ignited again.