The Night We Met - Elijah

recommended song:The Night We Met by Lord Huron

recommended song:
The Night We Met by Lord Huron

I love this song and the show it came from so here's the cutest Elijah imagine for you all! I recommend listening to it while reading! Enjoy!

-

Arabella let out a loud sigh as she smoothed out the wrinkles on her dress. The sequins glittered in the mirror, making the rose gold color of the fabric seem much more elegant and beautiful.

"You look amazing if that's why you've been staring at yourself in the mirror for so long." Caroline Forbes, her very first friend since she came to town, chuckled, walking up beside her.

"I know I'm usually dressed nicely, but this dress seems like a bit too much." Arabella spoke quietly, tucking a loose curl behind her ear and glancing over at Caroline who was fluffing her blue gown.

"It's a ball, Arabella. You're supposed to look fancy. Besides, the Mikaelsons were nice enough to gift us both these dresses for the night, so the least we could do is wear them." Caroline smiled, fixing Arabella's hair.

"I know." She nodded, watching Caroline reach over to grab the curling iron off the bathroom sink and adding a few more ringlets to her blonde hair. "But I don't know why we were invited to this ball in the first place."

"It's some ball that Esther Mikaelson is throwing to celebrate her arrival into Mystic Falls. She invited the entire town. As much as we hate Klaus and what he did to Elena, we have to be polite and attend. You never know, you might meet some alluring gentleman tonight."

"If I haven't met at least one alluring gentleman in my past seventeen years of life, I don't think I'm going to start now." Arabella chuckled.

"You never know." Caroline grinned. "There's always a possibility."

"And there's just enough of a possibility that if I do actually meet an alluring gentleman tonight, he's probably bound to be a vampire."

Since arriving in Mystic Falls a few months ago, Arabella had gotten used to vampires, given that Caroline was one. She knew of their existence, yet never bothered to get involved, hoping rather to steer clear of the drama. Caroline, however, had let it slip to Klaus that she had a friend named Arabella and he had suggested that she come to the ball as well. However, the blonde vampire left that part out to her dear friend.

"Let's hope not." Caroline smiled, sincerely praying that none of the Mikaelsons or any other vampires for that matter, would make a move on Arabella tonight.

***

Arabella arrived at the party with Caroline and Bonnie, meeting Elena, Damon and Stefan at the front door. The six of them entered the Mikaelson mansion, and walked into a very classy, elegant party. Arabella's eyes scanned over the foyer, surveying every one of her surroundings while she followed her friends through the house.