Doomed From The Start - Klaus

Super short one today! I'm gonna start posting more quick ones like this just to get more chapters up for you all! Enjoy!

-

I stood before the great Niklaus Mikaelson as he stared back at me, broken. His beautiful green eyes that once held so much light were dull and full of suffering. He seemed to be pondering what to say, his mouth opening and closing back up again before he finally muttered one word.

"Why?"

"I can't be with someone who is afraid to care." I replied, wiping the tears that began to form in my eyes. "You've pushed me away too many times, and I'm tired of being second behind your family. You never have time for me anymore and when you do, you're never really there. I feel like this relationship has fizzled out. Whenever I show you that I care, I never get a confirmation that you feel the same. I'm sorry, Nik, but I just can't handle it anymore. I want to be with you, I really do, but it's just too hard to continue. The two of us, don't work. This relationship was doomed from the start."

"No, please, don't do this." Niklaus Mikaelson was begging. It was truly a rare sight to see. "I can't let you leave."

"I should have left a long time ago." I whispered. "Nik, I can't live like this anymore."

"Love, I care about you, I do. Why don't we sit down and talk about this? I can change! I have for Hope and I can for you."

"Niklaus." I cut him off abruptly. "It's over. I'm so sorry, but I've made my decision."

"No, please." He looked at me in desperation.

"I'm sorry." I sniffled, turning on my heel and walking towards the entrance of the compound. I paused one last moment to look back at him, his eyes still trained on me. "Take care of yourself, Nik."

And with that, I was gone. I departed New Orleans, and left behind a broken king.

-

I hope you all enjoyed! Don't forget to follow my Instagram (@ivoryconfessions) to see new promos for all of my books and find out about the next chapters before they're posted! Love you all!
xx lavender baby 💋