The Originals (2)

My eyes shot open. Light poured into the room through silk curtains as I slowly pulled myself up into the sitting position. I let out a soft groan, moving to rub my eyes and finding metal handcuffs on my wrists.

"Oh look, she's awake." A female voice was heard from the hallway.

My head spun towards her, spotting a familiar blonde leaning against the doorframe.

"Rebekah!" I whispered incredulously.

"She knows who we are."  Rebekah chuckled, walking towards me.

"Yes, it seems that she's gotten all of her facts from this book." I spun around to see Elijah sitting in a chair reading my mother's journal.

"Hey!" I exclaimed, standing up from my perch on the couch that I was asleep on minutes before. "That's mine!"

"Indeed it is, doll, but my brother was simply curious as to why this has fallen into your hands."

Fear coursed through my veins and into my very soul as Niklaus Mikaelson walked into the room. He paced over behind Elijah, scanning the pages of the book with an intensity. Out of pure terror and shock, I stumbled backwards, cowering against the wall nearest to me.

"This book is exquisite." Elijah spoke in awe. "Every little fact and detail on our family is entirely correct."

"What about me?" Niklaus asked, waiting as Elijah flipped through the pages and found the one with his brother's name written across it.  Niklaus ran his finger along the letters before scanning over the information written there. "This is unnervingly accurate."

Elijah turned towards me, his eyes scanning my stiff form. Niklaus and Rebekah soon followed, all three siblings watching as I cowered opposite of them.

"Where did you retrieve this book?" Niklaus demanded. When I didn't answer, he stormed towards me. "Tell me!"

Elijah stood up abruptly, catching his brother by the forearm. "Niklaus, mind your manners. Did you forget what I told you of her?"

"Half witch, half vampire. I don't care if she's a bloody demon. I want to know where she got this book! Elijah, do you realize what could've happened if it were to have fallen into the wrong hands?!"

"I am well aware of the consequences, Niklaus." Elijah replied, his eyes trailing over me. "But to get the answers we seek, we first must treat our guest with kindness and respect."

"Always such the gentleman." Rebekah rolled her eyes. "For once, I'm with our brother. I want to know where the girl got this book and why she has it."

"You won't find out." I whispered, but the three siblings heard me clearly.

"Who gave you the bloody book, child?" Rebekah hissed.

"Dear sister, do not stoop down to the level Niklaus has. We are to reason with her rationally and calmly."

"While you sit here and rationalize with her, Marcel could be planning our demise!" Rebekah replied angrily.

"Our sister is right, Elijah." Niklaus growled. "If Marcel is looking for her, who's to know if he's looking for this book too?"

"He doesn't know it exists." I spoke up.

"You expect us to trust your word?" Niklaus laughed loudly. "How do we know you're not sent in by Marcel to kill us all?"

"I'm telling the truth."

"I say we tie her up with vervain and torture the truth out of her."

"Niklaus, we will do none of the sort." Elijah cut him off.